Transfer grandfathered data to different phone

Contributor

Transfer grandfathered data to different phone

I recently took a new position at my company and they offer us a cell phone paid by the company. The only reason why I have held onto my personal phone is because of the unlimited data plan that I was grandfathered into. Im trying to find out if it is possible to transfer my unlimited data plan to a different phone that is within my family plan?

Message 1 of 3 (1,658 Views)
Professor
Solution
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM (Community Manager)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Transfer grandfathered data to different phone

A grandfathered data plan cannot be moved from one line to another.

Message 2 of 3 (1,631 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by Lingoes (Administrator)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Transfer grandfathered data to different phone

johnsonfam33 wrote:

I recently took a new position at my company and they offer us a cell phone paid by the company. The only reason why I have held onto my personal phone is because of the unlimited data plan that I was grandfathered into. Im trying to find out if it is possible to transfer my unlimited data plan to a different phone that is within my family plan?

You can change physical phones on the plan (phone number/line in your account), but you can not move the data plan to a different phone number/line in your account.  

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (1,621 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.