Transfer grandfathered data to different phone

Contributor

Transfer grandfathered data to different phone

I recently took a new position at my company and they offer us a cell phone paid by the company. The only reason why I have held onto my personal phone is because of the unlimited data plan that I was grandfathered into. Im trying to find out if it is possible to transfer my unlimited data plan to a different phone that is within my family plan?

Message 1 of 3
Professor

Re: Transfer grandfathered data to different phone

A grandfathered data plan cannot be moved from one line to another.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: Transfer grandfathered data to different phone

johnsonfam33 wrote:

I recently took a new position at my company and they offer us a cell phone paid by the company. The only reason why I have held onto my personal phone is because of the unlimited data plan that I was grandfathered into. Im trying to find out if it is possible to transfer my unlimited data plan to a different phone that is within my family plan?

You can change physical phones on the plan (phone number/line in your account), but you can not move the data plan to a different phone number/line in your account.  

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support