For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
.01mbps's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 20th, 2017 9:32 AM

Throttled data

So just by saying, "As a result of AT&T's network management practices, customers on a smartphone with an Unlimited Data Plan who have exceeded 22GB of data in a billing period may experience reduced speeds for the remainder of that billing period when using data services at times and in areas that are experiencing network congestion.", that allows you to in essence stop any usefullness of my phone by throttling my data to .01mbps. Just trying to clarify.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

7 years ago

Yes, they can throttle your data after you reach 22gb. It will only happen if there is network congestion. Many users are using much more than 22gb and never seeing any throttling. It depends on if you are in an area of high data use.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@.01mbps wrote:
So just by saying, "As a result of AT&T's network management practices, customers on a smartphone with an Unlimited Data Plan who have exceeded 22GB of data in a billing period may experience reduced speeds for the remainder of that billing period when using data services at times and in areas that are experiencing network congestion.", that allows you to in essence stop any usefullness of my phone by throttling my data to .01mbps. Just trying to clarify.

Throttling means slowed down no matter what. This is not the case.

At 22GB you are reprioritized, which means ONLY if a tower is overloaded you are slowed down, when the tower clears up, you a back up to full speed.  Some people using 100GB never notice this slow down (even 200GB).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.