Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us NOW for a live “Ask an Expert” event!

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Mar 26, 2013
6:14:29 PM
View profile
Texts to Galaxy Note II from iPhone not received
Edited by jamileh on Apr 8, 2013 at 8:08:33 AM

After the 6.1.3 IPhone update only one of my contacts does not receive my texts. Sending and receiving texts works just fine with everyone else. I receive this contact's texts, but he does not receive mine. When I send texts to this contact I do not get an 'undelivered' error message. I seems to send just fine, but he doesn't receive them. Neither one of us has blocked the other. We checked.

I have texted back and forth with this contact for months prior to the update, but I verified the number anyway. I powered on and off, tried the method of holding the home and power button for 10seconds, deleted the contact and prior messages then re-entered the contact, and also reset all settings.

How do I fix this?

After the 6.1.3 IPhone update only one of my contacts does not receive my texts. Sending and receiving texts works just fine with everyone else. I receive this contact's texts, but he does not receive mine. When I send texts to this contact I do not get an 'undelivered' error message. I seems to send just fine, but he doesn't receive them. Neither one of us has blocked the other. We checked.

I have texted back and forth with this contact for months prior to the update, but I verified the number anyway. I powered on and off, tried the method of holding the home and power button for 10seconds, deleted the contact and prior messages then re-entered the contact, and also reset all settings.

How do I fix this?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 7, 2013 10:35:57 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by jamileh on Apr 8, 2013 at 8:08:58 AM

Well, after much investigation, it turns out that the Galaxy Note II and III have Spam folders for text messages.  My texts were going into his spam folder.  ugh

Thank you everyone for your help.

Accepted Solution

Texts to Galaxy Note II from iPhone not received

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2013 3:04:50 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Edited by jamileh on Apr 8, 2013 at 8:08:44 AM

That is certainly very odd. 

Is this person able to recieve texts from other people?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

That is certainly very odd. 

Is this person able to recieve texts from other people?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Texts to Galaxy Note II from iPhone not received

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (2,647 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 7, 2013 10:35:57 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by jamileh on Apr 8, 2013 at 8:08:58 AM

Well, after much investigation, it turns out that the Galaxy Note II and III have Spam folders for text messages.  My texts were going into his spam folder.  ugh

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (2,523 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2013 8:07:31 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Edited by jamileh on Apr 8, 2013 at 8:09:11 AM

Hehe, how odd!

Thanks for the the update though. I'm sure someone else has experienced this and your solution will help them!

--------------

Hehe, how odd!

Thanks for the the update though. I'm sure someone else has experienced this and your solution will help them!

--------------

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (2,508 Views)