Helpful Links

Texting from abroad not working

Contributor

Texting from abroad not working

I bought the global text plan and was able to text to US from South Korea with no problem. Now I'm in Uzbekistan and texts are not going through. Is there a code or sequence of numbers I need to dial to get text sent?

Thanks
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Texting from abroad not working

Hello @Sprout66 

Global messaging should work in Uzbekistan, are you able to use other phone functions? Try restarting your phone by removing the battery (if possible), or do a reset. Try adding +1 in front of the phone number if you're texting a US number, or just dial normally for local numbers. If you're still having issues, call our international support line @ 1-916-843-4685

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Thanks. Restarting the phone worked. I was unable to send...

Thanks. Restarting the phone worked. I was unable to send text while in Samarkand, but it worked in all other cities in Uzbekistan. Not sure why Samarkand had issues.
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Also, FaceTime did not work at all in Uzbekistan, but I b...

Also, FaceTime did not work at all in Uzbekistan, but I believe that was due to government filtering rather than connectivity issue. FaceTime worked in South Korea.
Message 4 of 5
Community Manager

Re: Thanks. Restarting the phone worked. I was unable to send...

Awesome! Thank you for letting us know.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support