Texting from abroad not working

Highlighted
Contributor

Texting from abroad not working

I bought the global text plan and was able to text to US from South Korea with no problem. Now I'm in Uzbekistan and texts are not going through. Is there a code or sequence of numbers I need to dial to get text sent?

Thanks
Message 1 of 5 (357 Views)
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sprout66
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Texting from abroad not working

Hello @Sprout66 

Global messaging should work in Uzbekistan, are you able to use other phone functions? Try restarting your phone by removing the battery (if possible), or do a reset. Try adding +1 in front of the phone number if you're texting a US number, or just dial normally for local numbers. If you're still having issues, call our international support line @ 1-916-843-4685

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (323 Views)
Contributor

Thanks. Restarting the phone worked. I was unable to send...

Thanks. Restarting the phone worked. I was unable to send text while in Samarkand, but it worked in all other cities in Uzbekistan. Not sure why Samarkand had issues.
Message 3 of 5 (303 Views)
Contributor

Also, FaceTime did not work at all in Uzbekistan, but I b...

Also, FaceTime did not work at all in Uzbekistan, but I believe that was due to government filtering rather than connectivity issue. FaceTime worked in South Korea.
Message 4 of 5 (301 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Thanks. Restarting the phone worked. I was unable to send...

Awesome! Thank you for letting us know.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5 (289 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.