Helpful Links

Texting SCAM ARTISTS "GAGACell IQ Fun Facts" 25870

Tutor

Texting SCAM ARTISTS "GAGACell IQ Fun Facts" 25870

Hi all,

I'm sure that this is not a new topic but felt I'd share in case these people start texting you.

Started receiving texts from "GAGACell IQ Fun Facts" whose short code is 25870

I texted back STOP, which to my understanding is the universal "take me off your list" msg but maybe I'm wrong

I think received a msg from 1111487101 stating that I have discontinued and will no longer receive messages or charges for the service from iq.gagacell.com.

First of all, I never signed up for it

This morning I got my bill and it was higher than usual so I took a look and discovered that I was getting a 9.99 charge for a monthly subscription.  I called ATT and they removed the subscription and refunded the money but looking deeper into it, I discovered that the subscription was from these people and it STARTED on the day I texted STOP to get off their list.

Like I said, this is probably a pretty common story but its the first time this has happened to me and I wanted to share in case any of you are getting texts from these SCAM ARTISTS

Message 1 of 18

Re: Texting SCAM ARTISTS "GAGACell IQ Fun Facts" 25870

I've been getting quite a few of the "You've won a $1000 XYZ Gift Card" spam texts, since I have a purchase block on my line...didn't realize I could forward them to a spam number. That's a great suggestion.

Message 16 of 18
Highlighted
Mentor

Wow I didn't know that you could report spam texts. I agree with SD1960 that it doesnt just happen with ATT the other cellular providers experience the same problems as well. In most cases if its only for a month or two customer service does not have a problem with issuing credit and I do suggest to place a block on your phone.
Message 17 of 18
Contributor

Sorry to sound like such a newbie...how, on my iPhone, do I "forward" to you this text message from GaGaCell?

Message 18 of 18
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support