Need your talk or text logs?
Rcp601's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 12:18 PM

Texting SCAM ARTISTS "GAGACell IQ Fun Facts" 25870

Hi all,

I'm sure that this is not a new topic but felt I'd share in case these people start texting you.

Started receiving texts from "GAGACell IQ Fun Facts" whose short code is 25870

I texted back STOP, which to my understanding is the universal "take me off your list" msg but maybe I'm wrong

I think received a msg from 1111487101 stating that I have discontinued and will no longer receive messages or charges for the service from iq.gagacell.com.

First of all, I never signed up for it

This morning I got my bill and it was higher than usual so I took a look and discovered that I was getting a 9.99 charge for a monthly subscription.  I called ATT and they removed the subscription and refunded the money but looking deeper into it, I discovered that the subscription was from these people and it STARTED on the day I texted STOP to get off their list.

Like I said, this is probably a pretty common story but its the first time this has happened to me and I wanted to share in case any of you are getting texts from these SCAM ARTISTS

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Hi Jamileh,
Thanks for your thoughtful response. I wish your colleagues took customer care are seriously. Neither of the persons I talked too seemed to care that I was being taken advantage of and more or less blamed me for the problem. This is such a well known issue by many customers and is widely reported in the press I'm surprised you do not believe AT&T is not responsible. You take the revenue upfront without any approval from the customer and then its your customer who is responsible for sorting our the mess afterwards. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. - how do you not take this seriously and ban this vendor from working within your network at all? It's a serious issue and not to be taken lightly. Your company is directly responsible for the actions of your employees and you have a contract with your customers to charge them for illegal activiites - how is this fair?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for the 7726 note. I've forwarded many such spam messages to this number. What does AT&T do with this information? Are we going to see some real action?

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

12 years ago

Just to let you know it's not just AT&T.  I had Sprint and rec'd a spam text that sucked me into a monthly subscribtion. So they all allow this to happen unfortunately. It's basically up to the consumer to pay attention to their bills each month.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

We use the reported message/phone number to help find and shut down these folks. 

Guru

• 

682 Messages

12 years ago

I've been getting quite a few of the "You've won a $1000 XYZ Gift Card" spam texts, since I have a purchase block on my line...didn't realize I could forward them to a spam number. That's a great suggestion.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

12 years ago

Wow I didn't know that you could report spam texts. I agree with SD1960 that it doesnt just happen with ATT the other cellular providers experience the same problems as well. In most cases if its only for a month or two customer service does not have a problem with issuing credit and I do suggest to place a block on your phone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Sorry to sound like such a newbie...how, on my iPhone, do I "forward" to you this text message from GaGaCell?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.