Need your talk or text logs?
donnaluise's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, January 5th, 2011 6:55 PM

at&t international texting rates

Anyone know what it costs to text someone internationally? I would assume we're subject to extra charges, though I don't know what they are.

Peace,

Donna

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

Here you go:

http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center/main.jsp?t=solutionTab&ft=searchTab&ps=solutionPanels&locale=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&solutionId=52592&isSrch=Yes

Question:
How much does International Text Messaging cost?
How much does it cost to send an international text message?
How much does it cost to receive an international text message?
What is the International Long Distance Messaging package?

Answer:
Sending an international text message from the U.S.
It costs just $0.25 to send a text message from the U.S. to an international number. For customers who frequently send text messages to family or friends overseas, AT&T’s International Long Distance Messaging package includes 100 text messages sent from the U.S. for $10 a month. That’s as little as $0.10 per message sent. 

Sending an international text message from outside the U.S.
When traveling outside the U.S., it costs $0.50 to send a text message to either a U.S. number or an international number. 

Receiving an international text message
If you have a domestic Messaging package, international text messages you receive will be deducted from your monthly allotment of messages. If you do not have a domestic Messaging package, text messages will bill at a rate of $0.20 per text message. 

For more information on International Messaging, see our International Text, Picture and Video Messaging Web Site. 

Related topic: A Guide to International Long Distance, Roaming, Messaging, and Data Services

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

If I do not have an international plan and are in the US does it cost to message someone who is visiting in another country but has a phone from the US if they have an international plan?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I would like to know the same thing. I received a text from a US person traveling overseas and replied back. Will I be charged for my reply text?

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

8 years ago

I think the answer depends on what ATT service you have.  I can only speak for Mobile Share Value Plan. Texting to 120 countries (from my memory) is included in the plan and that is free. That is sms as well as mms. Sending a text to an US number while the recipient is out of the country is free, since it is a domestic text. What it will cost the receiver will depend on the receiver's  service. Let's say the person has ATT Mobile Share Value Plan, it is free to receive therectically. But it may trigger some unexpected expenses. I am assuming the person does not have any international passport plan. For sms, you have to have voice service available, no airplane mode. So anyone calling that number or have voice mail stack in the queque will come in, that could be a huge expense. For mms, you have to have cellular data available in addition. Whether you need to have international data roaming turn on? I don't know. I had a question to Tim of ATT in another thread, but he has not answer.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@libertysf @anknose93 When you text someone with a US number you pay the same to text them if they are in the US, where they are isn't your concern (so if you have unlimited texting, it's free;  if you pay 25 cents a text, that's what it'll be).

When solved / helped, please mark your question as solved by clicking "Accept solution". This helps other people to find an answer more quickly.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.