Need your talk or text logs?
criskrit's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, October 18th, 2013 5:57 PM

Text messages from Bank of America SafePass

I recently got an AT&T prepaid Go Phone and I am unable to receive Bank of America SafePass text messages on it. I had a T-Mobile prepaid SIM/number before that and it worked fine so i am inclined to blame AT&T for the problem. I didn't port my number, i got a brand new number & SIM from AT&T. Anyone one has the same issue? Any suggestions/ideas? I have the $60 unlimited everything Go Phone plan. thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Just posting an update. What happened is that i was trying to add the new phone as a second number and I had to confirm my intention by receiving a SafePass on the first number! So the reason i never received the SMS was because they were sent to the first number and not the second one.

for reference purposes, the process to add a second number is:

1. receive/confirm SafePass code on the first number. This allows the user to add a second number

2. receive/confirm SafePass code on the second number. This activates the number.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@criskrit wrote:

I recently got an AT&T prepaid Go Phone and I am unable to receive Bank of America SafePass text messages on it. I had a T-Mobile prepaid SIM/number before that and it worked fine so i am inclined to blame AT&T for the problem. I didn't port my number, i got a brand new number & SIM from AT&T. Anyone one has the same issue? Any suggestions/ideas? I have the $60 unlimited everything Go Phone plan. thanks

when you switched from t-mobile what phone did you have there?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I didn't change phones, it is still the same phone. I have a Samsung SIII mini.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@criskrit wrote:

I didn't change phones, it is still the same phone. I have a Samsung SIII mini.

ok then a really basic question - since you changed your number did you change it at the bank website?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

haha, yes of course, I add the new number in the corresponding section but never receive the confirmation message.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@criskrit wrote:

haha, yes of course, I add the new number in the corresponding section but never receive the confirmation message.

wierd, sms is sms no matter what carrier, they all adhere to the same exact protocol standards set forth by the FCC. You might want to give the bank support a call and see if they have any ideas, do you think they sent a email to the address on file for confirmation of the change? The bank that I do business with does this for every change I make on the accounts. Strange that you never got the confirmation though - assuming that the first trouble shoot was to go back and verify the number:) Try calling the banks support staff.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 years ago

I suspect the bank sends texts via the email gateway which for Att is txt.att.net. Does that work for prepaid? For some reason, I thought that only works for post paid accounts. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

This is actually an explanation that makes sense (from a technical standpoint). I will check with the bank side and see what's happening. From the ATT side, any idea why the email gateway wouldn't work for prepaid? The functionality is there, how difficult can it be to add the prepaid numbers? Or is this a "busines decision" of the sort that tends to make cell phone companies "not very likeable"? 😉

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.