Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Aug 25, 2013
4:23:40 PM
View profile
Text messages from 1-000-000-0000

How do I stop this? I get as many as 3-5 texts a day sometimes and it is sending me a what appears to be a link from a att.net. I have tried to reply with "Stop", and it would not send again for days, and now it doesn't work at all and it comes back with a Error Invalid Number, which it did not do before. Please help.

How do I stop this? I get as many as 3-5 texts a day sometimes and it is sending me a what appears to be a link from a att.net. I have tried to reply with "Stop", and it would not send again for days, and now it doesn't work at all and it comes back with a Error Invalid Number, which it did not do before. Please help.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 4, 2013 8:42:29 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, and thanks for your post.

Are you still having issues with those text messages? If so, you may want to uninstall the current app and re-download it from the Google Play Store, if you're using an Android phone. The updated version of this app should prevent an further issues.

For more information on how to download the app, simply click on the link below.

AT&T Messages App

Let me know if this helps!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Text messages from 1-000-000-0000

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2013 4:47:38 PM
(0)
Master
Try forwarding the message to 7726 to Report Spam Text Messages? After you receive a confirmation, reply with the phone number. I hope this helps. Smiley Happy
Try forwarding the message to 7726 to Report Spam Text Messages? After you receive a confirmation, reply with the phone number. I hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Re: Text messages from 1-000-000-0000

2 of 3 (1,580 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 4, 2013 8:42:29 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Are you still having issues with those text messages? If so, you may want to uninstall the current app and re-download it from the Google Play Store, if you're using an Android phone. The updated version of this app should prevent an further issues.

For more information on how to download the app, simply click on the link below.

AT&T Messages App

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

AT&T Messages App

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Text messages from 1-000-000-0000

3 of 3 (1,470 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments