Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 27, 2012
11:08:31 AM
View profile
Text messages don't go through

Why can't I send a text message without a wi-fi connection? Just the past week or so, sending a text even with 4 or 5 service bars always ends with a "message delivery failure" alert. Has my data plan suddenly slowed? Mail and Safari also are unbearable without wi-fi. Could it be something to do with my phone or is this all AT&T sucking? Like I said, I wouldn't be so annoyed but this has only become an issue in the last week or so.

If it's relevant I have an iPhone 4S.

Why can't I send a text message without a wi-fi connection? Just the past week or so, sending a text even with 4 or 5 service bars always ends with a "message delivery failure" alert. Has my data plan suddenly slowed? Mail and Safari also are unbearable without wi-fi. Could it be something to do with my phone or is this all AT&T sucking? Like I said, I wouldn't be so annoyed but this has only become an issue in the last week or so.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 27, 2012 11:47:58 AM
(0)
Expert

ellenmarie12 wrote:

try resetting your network settings and make sure cellular data is turned on, with the text message make sure you have the send as sms feature turned on in imessage, if you have it turned off imessage will only send to other iphones that have imessage running

Accepted Solution

Text messages don't go through

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 27, 2012 11:47:58 AM
(0)
Expert

ellenmarie12 wrote:

try resetting your network settings and make sure cellular data is turned on, with the text message make sure you have the send as sms feature turned on in imessage, if you have it turned off imessage will only send to other iphones that have imessage running

ellenmarie12 wrote:

Re: Text messages don't go through

2 of 11 (22,067 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2012 3:56:05 PM
(0)
Contributor
Same thing happening to me for the last 3-4 days. I tried resetting network settings earlier. Still same issue. Especially with MMS.
Same thing happening to me for the last 3-4 days. I tried resetting network settings earlier. Still same issue. Especially with MMS.

3 of 11 (21,994 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2012 5:03:32 PM
(0)
Contributor

Resetting the network settings seemed to do it for me. Thanks.

Resetting the network settings seemed to do it for me. Thanks.

4 of 11 (21,982 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 10:15:52 AM
(0)
Contributor

I can absolutely forget MMS.

I can absolutely forget MMS.

5 of 11 (18,991 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 10:12:03 AM
(0)
Contributor

I've been getting a lot of complaints about this after I switched to a Galaxy S4 from an Iphone.  Peole dont get my text or I dont receive text. it is not constant, just here and there.  what is the problem with the SMS server?

I've been getting a lot of complaints about this after I switched to a Galaxy S4 from an Iphone.  Peole dont get my text or I dont receive text. it is not constant, just here and there.  what is the problem with the SMS server?

6 of 11 (18,960 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 1:50:01 PM
(0)
Expert

Beerhunter2 wrote:

by chance are the majority of them that do not recieve your text messages on a iphone? Seems like there are issues when you switch from a iphone to a different OS and the receipents are Imessage users.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/184374-imessage-issues-after-switching-iphone-andr...

http://gggadgets.com/2012/01/06/how-to-fix-imessage-bug-when-switching-from-iphone-to-android/

Beerhunter2 wrote:

by chance are the majority of them that do not recieve your text messages on a iphone? Seems like there are issues when you switch from a iphone to a different OS and the receipents are Imessage users.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/184374-imessage-issues-after-switching-iphone-android.html

http://gggadgets.com/2012/01/06/how-to-fix-imessage-bug-when-switching-from-iphone-to-android/

7 of 11 (18,955 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 2:40:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

yeah but it has been almost 3 months already.  the weird thing is the message sometimes appear in the AT&T Messages or AT&T Visual vm app and not in Messages.

seems like other people are not receiving my text more than the other way around so I dont think it is an iMessages problem.  I am not sure if it is an AT&T SMS Server issue or an Android flaw although I suspect the server being the culpit more than the OS/phone.

yeah but it has been almost 3 months already.  the weird thing is the message sometimes appear in the AT&T Messages or AT&T Visual vm app and not in Messages.

seems like other people are not receiving my text more than the other way around so I dont think it is an iMessages problem.  I am not sure if it is an AT&T SMS Server issue or an Android flaw although I suspect the server being the culpit more than the OS/phone.

8 of 11 (18,951 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 3:54:40 PM
(0)
Expert

Beerhunter2 wrote:

would not hurt to follow the links and de-register the device at apple. by any chance have you tried ATT's My Message app?

Beerhunter2 wrote:

would not hurt to follow the links and de-register the device at apple. by any chance have you tried ATT's My Message app?

9 of 11 (18,944 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 6:34:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

just removed my iphone from Apple profile.  I have used AT&T's messaging app.  the weird thing is, when I can't send using Messages, I can with the ATT Message app.  I have tried using that app exclusively for all my SMS but then I found it will erratically NOT receive incoming messages while the Android Messages app will.

just removed my iphone from Apple profile.  I have used AT&T's messaging app.  the weird thing is, when I can't send using Messages, I can with the ATT Message app.  I have tried using that app exclusively for all my SMS but then I found it will erratically NOT receive incoming messages while the Android Messages app will.

10 of 11 (18,935 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2014 10:18:57 AM
(0)
Contributor

I can tell you i had  the same  issues with my Galaxy 4s so i purchased a new iphone6 however i continue to have a problem with message with me is narrow to Verizon users only and it happen in the morning when i'm work. I think is the service

I can tell you i had  the same  issues with my Galaxy 4s so i purchased a new iphone6 however i continue to have a problem with message with me is narrow to Verizon users only and it happen in the morning when i'm work. I think is the service

11 of 11 (12,325 Views)