Need your talk or text logs?
ellenmarie12's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 27th, 2012 6:08 PM

Text messages don't go through

Why can't I send a text message without a wi-fi connection? Just the past week or so, sending a text even with 4 or 5 service bars always ends with a "message delivery failure" alert. Has my data plan suddenly slowed? Mail and Safari also are unbearable without wi-fi. Could it be something to do with my phone or is this all AT&T sucking? Like I said, I wouldn't be so annoyed but this has only become an issue in the last week or so.

If it's relevant I have an iPhone 4S.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@ellenmarie12 wrote:

Why can't I send a text message without a wi-fi connection? Just the past week or so, sending a text even with 4 or 5 service bars always ends with a "message delivery failure" alert. Has my data plan suddenly slowed? Mail and Safari also are unbearable without wi-fi. Could it be something to do with my phone or is this all AT&T sucking? Like I said, I wouldn't be so annoyed but this has only become an issue in the last week or so.

If it's relevant I have an iPhone 4S.

try resetting your network settings and make sure cellular data is turned on, with the text message make sure you have the send as sms feature turned on in imessage, if you have it turned off imessage will only send to other iphones that have imessage running

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Same thing happening to me for the last 3-4 days. I tried resetting network settings earlier. Still same issue. Especially with MMS.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Resetting the network settings seemed to do it for me. Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I can absolutely forget MMS.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I've been getting a lot of complaints about this after I switched to a Galaxy S4 from an Iphone.  Peole dont get my text or I dont receive text. it is not constant, just here and there.  what is the problem with the SMS server?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@Beerhunter2 wrote:

I've been getting a lot of complaints about this after I switched to a Galaxy S4 from an Iphone.  Peole dont get my text or I dont receive text. it is not constant, just here and there.  what is the problem with the SMS server?

by chance are the majority of them that do not recieve your text messages on a iphone? Seems like there are issues when you switch from a iphone to a different OS and the receipents are Imessage users.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/184374-imessage-issues-after-switching-iphone-android.html

http://gggadgets.com/2012/01/06/how-to-fix-imessage-bug-when-switching-from-iphone-to-android/

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

yeah but it has been almost 3 months already.  the weird thing is the message sometimes appear in the AT&T Messages or AT&T Visual vm app and not in Messages.

seems like other people are not receiving my text more than the other way around so I dont think it is an iMessages problem.  I am not sure if it is an AT&T SMS Server issue or an Android flaw although I suspect the server being the culpit more than the OS/phone.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@Beerhunter2 wrote:

yeah but it has been almost 3 months already.  the weird thing is the message sometimes appear in the AT&T Messages or AT&T Visual vm app and not in Messages.

seems like other people are not receiving my text more than the other way around so I dont think it is an iMessages problem.  I am not sure if it is an AT&T SMS Server issue or an Android flaw although I suspect the server being the culpit more than the OS/phone.

would not hurt to follow the links and de-register the device at apple. by any chance have you tried ATT's My Message app?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

just removed my iphone from Apple profile.  I have used AT&T's messaging app.  the weird thing is, when I can't send using Messages, I can with the ATT Message app.  I have tried using that app exclusively for all my SMS but then I found it will erratically NOT receive incoming messages while the Android Messages app will.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I can tell you i had  the same  issues with my Galaxy 4s so i purchased a new iphone6 however i continue to have a problem with message with me is narrow to Verizon users only and it happen in the morning when i'm work. I think is the service

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.