Need your talk or text logs?
lauren_camille_2004's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, December 30th, 2008 12:41 AM

Closed

Text Messages

I may be having to go to court soon with my daughter's father, and I was wondering if AT&T could provide a print out of texts?  I had many with him threatening to kidnap my daughter and some that were threatening to harm me.  I had them saved on my phone, but that phone has since bit the dust, and I was unable to retrieve them.  But can AT&T provide a print out of texts? 

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

4.3K Messages

15 years ago

Unfortunately, no.

Once the texts are delivered to your phone, they are deleted from the AT&T servers.

Once you delete them from your phone, they are deleted forever.

The best thing to do is to try to retrieve them from your phone in some way.

If that is not an option, you are out of luck for the past texts.

If your ex is still making threats via text, you can work with a lawyer to get a court order to AT&T so that they can provide you with any FUTURE relevant texts.

But the past texts are gone if you can't get them off the phone.

Good luck.

Message Edited by Zandora on 12-29-2008 09:18:17 PM

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

15 years ago

No ATT&T will not provide you a printout or transcript of text messages.  Messages are deleted from the server when delivered to the recipient or after 7 days if not delivered (whichever occurs first).

Guru

• 

440 Messages

15 years ago

To late now but in the future if something like that happens forward them to your e-mail address, print them out and save them. You can also set up a yahoo or gmail account to store them on.

Master

• 

4.3K Messages

15 years ago

@eddyjr wrote:

To late now but in the future if something like that happens forward them to your e-mail address, print them out and save them. You can also set up a yahoo or gmail account to store them on.

Yes. This is a great FREE way to save your texts...and won't involve a lawyer.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

There is a solution to this issue, but for legal reasons you should only use this solution on your own phone.  On any other phone, expectation of privacy laws apply.

there is a product called Jeyo Mobile Extendor that works with Microsoft Outlook.  It will import your SMS messages in to Outlook.  From there you can easily print them out.

You need to set up you phone with Active Sync or Mobil Device Manager on you Microsoft OS based PC.  This is easy to do if you have not already done so. A quick search will get you a link to download either Microsoft product for free.  Once you have a partnership set up with your phone you can go to this link:

http://www.jeyo.com/extender.asp

Download the software.  If you are running Windows XP, its a strait file extraction / setup to install the software.  If you are running Vista, you will need to download and save the files to a location you can easily find.  Go to the set up file and right click on it.  Select Install as Administrator and you will be able to install this program successfully.

Once installed, this program will set up a toolbar in Outlook that will allow you to easily manage your txt messages both on the phone and in outlook.  It will allow you to download your txt messages from your phone in to Outlook complete with time and date stamps and sender information.  You can select any message or group of messages in Outlook and print them out using standard Windows conventions.  The only downside is that it will print one message per page, so if you are pinting a lot of them you may kill some trees.

Best of luck.

Message Edited by Man in Black on 03-17-2009 07:03:44 PM

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

Does it work on Samsung sycn a707
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.