Need your talk or text logs?
Sonny1's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, February 6th, 2017 8:04 PM

Text Message Retrieval

I need to retrieve old text messages that somehow were lost on my iphone 6.  I have been incorrectly accused of sending inappropriate text messages with attached pictures.  I have looked on my phone where the text was sent, and ONLY the three attached pictures that I INTENDED to send, show up.  The fourth (inappropriate) one is NOT there.  This is the second time of the accusation from the same person.  I thought that the first accusation was an accidental send by me, now I question that one also.  Unfortunately I cannot go back (about two years) in my text messages.

First of all (1) is there any way I can go back and retrieve those old text messages, and if so how far back.

Second (2) is there anyway to show definitely what 'left my phone in the form of a text.  In other words, can I prove that whatever was received on the oth        er end did not come from my phone?

Any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

For me they save all my messages even though I dont want them to.

Go to messages.att.net

After signing up, I was surprised to see that they had all my text messages saved, back to October.

I  cant find an option there to NOT save messages, so my problem is the exact opposite of yours.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks SteveS1935.  However I was not able to retrieve my messages on "messages.att.net."  In fact, after logging onto the web site, I was unable to navigate in any way.  I was unable to scroll up or down or do anything other than look at the information on the screen (back to about a week or two).  I even put the phone number in question into the search field, and nothing came up.  I am wondering if my Macintosh system had anything to do with this?  In any event, was unable to use this site.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

I don't think ATT Messages existed 2 years ago. Beside that, on an iPhone you have to disable iMessages and login separately to messages.att.net for it to save texts. Sorry to say, there is no way to retrieve your texts unless you happen to have an old backup of your iphone prior to deleting the texts you are looking for. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Sonny1 Also, if you're doing it on an iPhone and they have an iPhone, they likely aren't text messages anyways, they're iMessages. So AT&T never saw them as anything other than internet data.

I'm confused, they either have the multiple texts on their phone or they don't. 

Do they have inappropriate pictures or not? If yes, where else could they have gotten them? 

If they have the inappropriate pictures, they either got them from you or someone who got them from you...

FYI, it's time to change BOTH your iCloud and AT&T passwords, just in case someone is sending things as you....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.