Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Tethering with unlimited prepaid plan

Contributor

Tethering with unlimited prepaid plan

The description for the $65 unlimited data prepaid plan says you cannot use your device as a hotspot, but it doesn't mention tethering.  Is tethering allowed or no?  I would like to be able to tether to my computer at home to use my phone's data and I could get rid of my horrible satellite internet.

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Tethering with unlimited prepaid plan

Sorry, no tethering or hotspot on that plan.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by SissyCool
‎12-06-2017 6:56 PM

No wifi Hotspot, tethering, Bluetooth sharing, USB tethering or any other sort of sharing.  Sure you could try to get around those restrictions with a few tricks... but that's against your terms of service.  Which could cause you to loose service if caught. 

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Bummer.  Thanks for the info!

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Thanks.  :\

Message 5 of 6
Contributor

Imagine ATT&T telling you using your headphone jack was against the ToS unless you paid them more money. Double dipping for a feature build into the phone, and for what.. greed? All the plans are already throttled at a certain point, so the only reason is money.  Good thing the blocking of apps is [for the most part] is illegal. Which begs the question: Whats the difference between the Netflix app using 10gb and the <insert tethering app> using 10gb?

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support