Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Tethering with unlimited prepaid plan

Contributor

Tethering with unlimited prepaid plan

The description for the $65 unlimited data prepaid plan says you cannot use your device as a hotspot, but it doesn't mention tethering.  Is tethering allowed or no?  I would like to be able to tether to my computer at home to use my phone's data and I could get rid of my horrible satellite internet.

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Tethering with unlimited prepaid plan

Sorry, no tethering or hotspot on that plan.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by SissyCool
‎12-06-2017 6:56 PM

No wifi Hotspot, tethering, Bluetooth sharing, USB tethering or any other sort of sharing.  Sure you could try to get around those restrictions with a few tricks... but that's against your terms of service.  Which could cause you to loose service if caught. 

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Bummer.  Thanks for the info!

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Thanks.  :\

Message 5 of 6
Contributor

Imagine ATT&T telling you using your headphone jack was against the ToS unless you paid them more money. Double dipping for a feature build into the phone, and for what.. greed? All the plans are already throttled at a certain point, so the only reason is money.  Good thing the blocking of apps is [for the most part] is illegal. Which begs the question: Whats the difference between the Netflix app using 10gb and the <insert tethering app> using 10gb?

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support