Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 20, 2012
6:17:26 PM
View profile
Tethering outage?

I was wondering if anyone else was having trouble with tethering their iPhone 5 with iOS 6? It was working this morning and then just before lunch, it stopped.  I have done network resets, reboots, changed the phones name and password to no avail. I have called support twice and they say there might be an outage, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.  Any help or advice would be appreciated. 

I was wondering if anyone else was having trouble with tethering their iPhone 5 with iOS 6? It was working this morning and then just before lunch, it stopped.  I have done network resets, reboots, changed the phones name and password to no avail. I have called support twice and they say there might be an outage, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.  Any help or advice would be appreciated. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 21, 2012 12:04:01 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by NV_Lady on Nov 21, 2012 at 12:04:14 PM

I figured out the issue. Turn off FaceTime over cellular, restart the iPhone and the tethering works.  Somehow turning on FaceTime over cellular breaks tethering. 

Accepted Solution

Tethering outage?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 21, 2012 12:04:01 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by NV_Lady on Nov 21, 2012 at 12:04:14 PM

I figured out the issue. Turn off FaceTime over cellular, restart the iPhone and the tethering works.  Somehow turning on FaceTime over cellular breaks tethering. 

Re: Tethering outage?

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (2,256 Views)
Solution