Need your talk or text logs?
dinosaur1's profile

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

Monday, May 21st, 2012 4:08 AM

Spam texts

We have 4 lines in our family plan. All 4 lines get spam texts. I line was billed $9.99 a month for 5 months from a 3rd party unauthorized company. I just disputed this with at&t. Currently we have unlimited texting and we want to take it off since we all have ios5 and can text for free. How do I block all texts from coming in? If I do that can I see texts from people like family, friends, etc....?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

You can put a purchase blocker on each line (for free) to prevent subscription charges. Please report the spam texts so we can work to eliminate the spammers.

3rd Party Subscriptions & Purchase Blocker Info: http://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Billing/3rd-Party-Subscriptions-amp-Purchase-Blocker/td-p/3095123

Reporting Spam Texts: http://forums.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Report-Spam-Text-Messages/td-p/3154731

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

12 years ago

You can call 611 to put a text blocking on all lines but using data to send texts may cost more. No you will not see any new texts in your inbox or outbox cause a block was put on the usage, only your old texts. 

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

When I report them, your spam reporting system says it's from a short code and I should reply STOP. Does this mean you will not take action against the spammers? Because if AT&T is letting random strangers add charges to my account without my permission, and taking their side against me, I am sure not gonna have warm fuzzy feelings about my AT&T account when it comes time to decide whether to renew it...

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

I just responded to your other post here regarding spam text messages. 

Replying stop does not mean AT&T is not actively working to stop spammers. This is an issue that impacts all cell phone users, regardless of the carrier. 

Reporting spam messages and checking your monthly statement are the most important things you can do to help prevent spammers from impacting your account. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.