Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Spam call from my own number

Highlighted
Contributor

Spam call from my own number

Hi. I just received a spam call on my iPhone, ostensibly from myself. I didn't answer the call and can't block the number or I'd be blocking my own cellphone number. Any ideas on how to deal with this, other than not answering? Oh, and no voicemail message either... Also, not sure if this is the right board to ask this question. If not, please suggest the correct board. Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by EstherG
‎08-28-2019 10:45 AM

Re: Spam call from my own number

Not answering is your best defense but since it is not possible to actually receive a call from your own number, go ahead and block it. It won’t stop those calls, the scammers will just use a different number but no harm in blocking your own number.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support