Need your talk or text logs?
Daniellerae's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 15th, 2018 12:29 AM

Does the AT&T Secure Family app have the same features as Smart limits?

I saw that smart limits will no longer be available soon and it will be replaced with a new app? Will that app have the same features such as call blocking and monitoring texts and calls? 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

The problem is we want the call block feature 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Has anyone found a good subsitute for Smart Limits? Help!!!

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Right?  Having to install an app on kids' phones to use parental controls is a total joke!  Whose kids don't know how to uninstall apps?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

No they took away the one feature that worked for me & so many others.
Being able to block certain phone numbers from a phone # on my account from
my phone. Being able to look right away at numbers calling & being called
from certain numbers on my account. I can look from my account with out the
smart limits & its never up to date. I could look after a call before on
smart limits & it would show me. I am researching other phone companies to
see if I can save because prices just keep going up & they features I want
At&T don't offer or did away with.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

The real solution is switching to T-Mobile because their Family Allowances does what Smart Limits used to do.  I was a AT&T customer for over 20 years and switched because of this issue.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I am still livid about Smart Limits.... I used it for my one son is now older but I have pre-teen who was a victim of severe bullying, I had to change his number and he has been told not to give to anyone. But bullies will break into his locker trying to grab his phone and find out the number. 

Bottom line I felt secure in knowing I could protect my kid from being subjected to texting apps and mean kids. They don’t do it much in school but Bc he is a bit different and gets very sensitive, he has become an easy target. At least with smart limits he didn’t know I was able to control who’s texting him. He’s at that age where he feels like he can handle this but he can NOT. 

With all the complaints about Smart Limits being gone. Why not bring it back and have satisfied customers. 

Rather then customers shopping around for new plans and making sure they have the options to block numbers. 

In a day where technology dominates, and we also have a major problem with kids being bullied (and worse) parents should be able to monitor these things. Last I checked we pay the bill... yet I don’t want my child feeling I’m robbing him of everything I’d rather block numbers OR set it so only certain numbers can call. Like before. And that’s that. If I have to pair their phone. Then they can get around it!!! Which was simple enough to figure out in minutes. I’ve been an AT&T customer since before it was AT&T, looks like I’ll be taking my business elsewhere. I was waiting hoping At&T would come to their senses and bring it back. But that’s not happening. The new app is useless. 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

I have previously sent in messages concerning smart Limits also. These new
apps that were put in placed of smart limits do not do what I need them to
do, I do not use them at all. My thing about the new apps are it does not
block my phones by being contacted by or from calling certain numbers. I
can not do so with these so called new apps & they do not work with all
phones. It's great to be able to track a child but the problem is they know
we are because their phone has to okay it, it lets them know. This is the
thing it is my account, my phones, why do I have to let them know that I
am. They are my children, The government can track us secretly but we can't
track our own phones secretly. I should be able to track my own phones with
out permission from anyone carrying them, without downloading an app on
them. I am still no understanding how you can take an app away that worked
to block numbers & not give the exact same option in the new app. I talked
with ATT & was told they were working on bringing back the app or making it
available just like before back the end of last year but of course that has
not happen. i was told it should be available right after the first of the
year. I am doing research on the different options & mobile carriers.
Hopefully I find one that will work for me & I can just switch because ATT
& gotten expensive & the new apps. don't work like I need them. It seems
you guys get more expensive but the services do not get any better for what
the customers need. If you paid attention to what your customers are saying
you would know that.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

My oldest son is going to be starting his junior year in college... (major in mathematics/education) 

AND I STILL can locate where he is!!! But he knows I really don’t check on him like I once did. It’s a blink of an eye from freshman in HS! To college! However my YOUNGEST, is starting 8th grade in the fall. And it’s tough times at that age, especially if you’re a little different... he likes different things... and he’s been tormented for it. However he doesn’t want to always have me “hovering” and feels like he can handle it himself. I know he can’t.... in a time where protecting our children is crucial... and technology being it what it is... so we don’t get them the phone they’ve earned and begged for, that every other kid has had since the 4th grade and i wouldn’t even allow that!!! He was made fun of for NOT having a phone. He’s made fun of for having an iPhone 8 Plus (which was mine by the way and he only got bc I upgraded. And the kids make fun of him and say he’s poor bc he doesn’t have the newest iPhone... I’m sorry last I checked, I don’t have that kind of money nor does he need a phone so expensive at his age and he’d have a much cheaper one if it wasn’t for me upgrading and keeping my phones in excellent condition) he’s an easy target bc we don’t make AS much as many of the families where we live, but my husband works darn  harder then any one of them. They could not do the manual labor he does at his age, and think the income would suffice... my sons been called the poor kid bc we don’t have an in ground pool, or drive $50,000 cars (nooo I’ve been saving for things like braces, colleges, future.. etc.. trying to be responsible and humble.... and modest bc I don’t need those things to be happy) what would make me happy is knowing I can just block whoever I want from calling me or my children and not having to hear anything about it bc we WE NEED THEIR PHONES TO EVEN PAIR IT!! This new apps are ridiculous. And I may just switch. I hate to bc I’ve been a customer so long. But I mean come on they had a fine working app, with exactly what people want. I see more people complaining then not.  We pay for these phones. We pay to use them, we pay the bills and get robbed on insurance! (Then a huge deductible if something happens when you’ve paid it for 10 years or so and never needed it!!!)  I just think it was a stupid move on AT&T’s part and I’m seeing they clearly don’t care much about what their customers wanted. And they also should watch shows such as 13 Reasons Why, and realize what kids today go thru and why parents would like to put them in bubble and protect them.  I even worry about my older son teaching... who would’ve thought we would see a time when we contemplated if teachers should wear Kevlar... hellooo it’s society, and to each their own but for me. I will keep my children safe cause that’s my instinct. If you have something that works.... leave it be. I’ve contemplated selling the one phone I have payments on. Paying it off and taking all my lines (and with that my whole family will change!! Bc I always do my research into things and convince them to! And I have a large family!) so if AT&T can’t give us, those who pay for the phones and the phone bills one darn app to block calls texts etc. then my time with them is likely up. My kid is a good kid. And if I insisted he’d let me but I want him to feel secure, and I want to also know what’s going on, so I can stop it before it progresses. With him being able to intercept that he may think he has a hold on it... he doesn’t. Even at my age people are mean... so I know this as great as my teen years were. I didn’t face the troubles we do today. I can’t and won’t ever forget having my first baby, and 4 months later Columbine happened. And I sat there watching this all play out on the TV. In front of my eyes... thinking, why... why would anyone do these things.. now today. In a time where school shootings, bullying, and all the other hardships kids face bc they make mistakes and are kids technology isn’t always a good thing. But even in school they have access to the internet or the library, there’s no around it anymore its what our time is now and we need to have some tools to just have that extra layer of security in my personal opinion. We pay for it. It was NOT free. I can’t see why they can’t just put it back!  T-Mobile has it and I’ve never wanted to go to T-Mobile. But. I just might. 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

AT&T listen to your customers they are where your money comes from. You
could offer both apps or make an app that works the way it needs to call
block where we can see there calls, block the numbers we need to, see texts
on our children phones, locate our phones, I look at it like this we should
not need permission from that phone the holder of the account should;d be
able to do what they like, otherwise our kids don't need a phone. We are
the account holder, they are our phones, we should be able to see & do what
we like with them. We are told to be responsible with our children & we are
held responsible for them & what they do, so we should have the control.
AT&T you are a huge company with lots of clients listen to them, to us. We
want smart limits & other apps that will protect our children. I have seen
texts from accounts on Verizon account holders so I also know that can be
done where we log in & see the texts.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

I use Google Maps free "Location Sharing" feature to see where my son
(and husband) are. At home I can control wifi data usage using our
router's software, but I still can't find anything so great as
SmartLimits was, for keeping my son from texting at hours. 😞
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.