Samsung Galaxy S5 unable to receive or send MMS

Highlighted
Contributor

Samsung Galaxy S5 unable to receive or send MMS

Title says it all, I have done a factory reset twice, wiped the cache numerous times, tried third party messaging apps and have reset to default APN as well as create a new one that matches the APN credintials for ATT. However no matter what i do, my phone cannot recive or send MMS. The phone worked fine for a while after I got it, but ever since the end of June it has been sporadically unable to send or recive MMS. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3 (3,971 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 unable to receive or send MMS

Hi @saint-314 

And all your other data works fine over cellular? What plan/service do you have?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (3,884 Views)
Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 unable to receive or send MMS

It turns out that ad block plus blocks the port for MMS. Disabling it solved my issue. 

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Message 3 of 3 (3,876 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.