Need your talk or text logs?
wvmstr's profile

Scholar

• 

198 Messages

Monday, July 17th, 2017 7:19 PM

Sales Rep goes with sales pitch instead of providing technical support

For the last few months my down and up speeds on the phones have been slowly degrading to where is is now about 6 Mpbs down and 2 - 5 Mbps up. Pretty much on all of our lines, including our Cradepoint LTE modem.

Previously I would get 24-30 Mpbs down and 10-12 Mbps up.

First call to technical support the rep was going to do some testing and we got disconnected (is there a nice way to say she hung up on me?), never called back.

Second rep started out by saying I was on the old plan with the slow speeds and that they have a new plan that is unlimited and I can save money as well.  "It has the faster speeds" as per the representative.

Requested that I got technical assistance and not a sales pitch she offered to turn off stream saver.

Told her to not make any further changes to my account. To which she replied "I would never do that without your permission"

Problem remain unsolved.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@wvmstr wrote:

For the last few months my down and up speeds on the phones have been slowly degrading to where is is now about 6 Mpbs down and 2 - 5 Mbps up. Pretty much on all of our lines, including our Cradepoint LTE modem.

Previously I would get 24-30 Mpbs down and 10-12 Mbps up.

First call to technical support the rep was going to do some testing and we got disconnected (is there a nice way to say she hung up on me?), never called back.

Second rep started out by saying I was on the old plan with the slow speeds and that they have a new plan that is unlimited and I can save money as well.  "It has the faster speeds" as per the representative.

Requested that I got technical assistance and not a sales pitch she offered to turn off stream saver.

Told her to not make any further changes to my account. To which she replied "I would never do that without your permission"

Problem remain unsolved.

What data package do you have?

Scholar

• 

198 Messages

7 years ago

Mobile Value

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@wvmstr wrote:

Mobile Value

well that should not make it slow down then....  Could be a congested tower...  Test at off hours and see what your speeds are.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.