Explore & discover

Helpful Links

SPAM Political text messages

Contributor

SPAM Political text messages

All 4 phones on my account received a text message this morning from 1(410) 100-001 with a link to a YouTube page. None of us clicked on the link but I went on YouTube to see if I can find what this was and it appears to be a darn political ad talking about how "first time in decades we have a somebody with INTEGRITY". The name "Jim" appears in the from section and the subject line is "Together" along with the link www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyhfJTFJHu8. We did NOT sign up to receive these messages and I really want it to stop! They came in at 4AM and woke everyone up. We all have iPhones and we live in Pennsylvania so I know whoever the ***hole who sent it did so because of the Primary that is happening this week. Very annoying and not wanted! 

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Sage

Re: SPAM Political text messages

This has nothing to do with ATT.  Att does not give or sell your numbers or information out to anyone.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Moe2016
‎04-17-2016 4:08 PM

Hello @Moe2016

I don't know what device you have but have you tried blocking the number from the device? 

below is a link on how to do it on IOS and a Android app that should do the job  

IOS: Link

Android: Call Blocker app

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

I have the iPhone 6s and yes, we all blocked the number but it doesn't fix the fact that the dirtbag woke everyone up at 4AM. Our numbers are all registered on the DO NOT CALL LIST so to say we are upset is an understatement.

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

@Moe2016 wrote:

Our numbers are all registered on the DO NOT CALL LIST so to say we are upset is an understatement.

Well, it's a do not call list, not a do not text list. On top of that, the do not call list only stops sales calls, not political calls. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support