For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Wildyouth's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, February 1st, 2019 7:19 AM

SMS not being recieved on dual SIM eSIM with iPhone XS

I have an iPhone XS using AT&T for my secondary SIM (eSIM) for my work number - my “primary” SIM is for my personal line, and with iPhone iMessage, you can only link one number to iMessage and the other has to use regular text (SMS) - my primary personal line uses iMessage and the secondary line for work with AT&T uses SMS.  Since setting up this dual SIM configuration I have started getting many people notifying me of missed text messages, I never had this problem before (same number, and it was on AT&T previously for the secondary line) granted, since I carried two phones, the secondary line was able to use iMessages before. This issue seems to be specific to dual SIM configuration and I need help - can’t go missing work text messages 😞

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Wildyouth 

did you disable imessage on the 2nd line?

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

You could have used the link I included below lol.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

@Wildyouth 

@GLIMMERMAN76 You can only have iMessage on one number with dual SIM, so only my personal line (the primary number and physical SIM) has iMessage turned on - I wish it was possible to have both 😞 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Wildyouth wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

@Wildyouth 

@GLIMMERMAN76 You can only have iMessage on one number with dual SIM, so only my personal line (the primary number and physical SIM) has iMessage turned on - I wish it was possible to have both 😞 

@Wildyouth 

Did you deregistere the 2nd line before you moved the line to esim or nano sim?  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76  nope, didn’t even think of that, and thought it would be taken care of with the original phone reset/wipe. I just googled deregister iMessage and apple has a handy form for it if you don’t have access to the phone anymore, so thank you for the suggestion, I didn’t know that existed 😉

im going to try that, I’m taking your suggestion and “ace status” to mean you know something about this, so thanks for the direction 🙂

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Sorry, years of habit... I don’t click on links from strangers 😉

thanks for the suggestion, I haven’t had a missed message since!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I just switched to esim today but i found that i cant send mms. It says mms messaging needs to be activated to send this message. Idk how to activate it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.