Need your talk or text logs?
Gary L's profile
ACE - Expert

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

Sunday, May 15th, 2016 5:32 PM

Rollover Data and Bonus Data on Mobile Share works how...?

In regards to rollover on Mobile Share, am  I correct in thinking that:

1. Bonus data is used first and does NOT rollover. 
  2. Plan data is used before rollover data.
  3. Only plan data rolls over to the next month.
  4. So on a 10gb plan if I have 5gb of rollover data from last month and use 11gb, this month it uses the 10gb of the plan first then 1gb of the rollover (and the 4gb of rollover from last month  does not rollover) so the next month starts with just 10gb. 

Well I wrote this is four different statements, it's actually four questions that I'm looking for confirmation of yes/no on them....

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Data rolls over for one month only.

So if on month one you use 5 GBs of a 10 GBs plan, you have 15 GBs to use on month 2

Month 2 you use 11 GBs you have no rollover for month 3. The other 4 GBs do not roll over for another month.

So, yeah, you got it.   

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@lizdance40 so it looks like you're at agreeing with options two, three and four...

What at about option one: Say I've got a 15gb plan with 5gb of bonus and I only use 4gb this month, I've got 16gb left but only 15gb rollsover, correct? 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

I have no bonus data experience, but per my understanding, bonus data doesn't roll over, only your plan data.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

If you have bonus data given to you, how long does it last. Is it just one month? Is it continuous? I don't understand the system.

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

@Gary L It depends on the bonus data and how it was offered to you.

If you share the details of the bonus data, I'll try to shed some light on it.

If this solved your problem, please consider marking it as the solution so that it can help others in the future. Please remember that this is a customer forum and we're all customers here and don't have access to account specific information and all of the answers we provide are through our own research, experience, or personal knowledge.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Your bonus data is used first, then plan data, then rollover if you have any.  

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Plan data will be used for the three days before Bonus data is applied. For example: 

1. Let us say that your new month begins with 10 gb (8gb new plan data plus 2gb rollover data)

2. Plan data and Rollover will begin to get used (lets say you use a total of 4gb in the three days before your bonus data is applied).

3. Then three days later 8gb Bonus data is applied to your account.

4. Now three days after your new month began Bonus data (8gb) will begin to be used.

5. After your 8gb Bonus data is all used up, your remaining 6gb (original 10gb minus 4gb used equals 6gb) will be used.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.