Need your talk or text logs?
mgbnet's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, September 16th, 2014 9:27 PM

Replacement for Smart Limits Data Limits functionality

The fact that AT&T killed off the Data Limits function in Smart Limits before the promised replacement service was ready is frustrating.

The fact that AT&T have been totally silent on the date and features of this replacement service is unbelievable.

I used to use the Data Limits feature to block my kids from data. I set the limit to zero MB, which meant no data but picture messaging still worked.

When Data Limits retired, data continued to be blocked but now picture messaging doesn't work either (sending or receiving).

I can't go in to Smart Limits and remove the Data Limit to reenable picture messaging as that feature is no long accessible on the Smart Limits web page, plus this would turn all their data on (which I don't want).

I can't turn data on for each line in the main Account web page as it already says it is on (and challenge of not wanting all data access still applies).

How can I block general data access for my kids but still allow their picture messaging to function?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Honestly, who's in charge here.

Turning off the Smart Limits Data Limits functionality is an absolute nightmare for parents with children, as 1000 other posts have already attested.

Furthermore having a single control for all data (including MMS Pictures and Internet data) is a non-starter.  Disabling one disables the other.  Another dumb idea.

The question is, who's dumb ideas are these.  They need to be fired.

This it the bad ATT coming back out.  MBAs running the place, telling management this is a good idea to raise profits, and taking away popular features that we were PAYING for.

As your customers, we had hoped this kind of behavior was behind you ...

Seriously, put your MBAs in a room and lock the door until they reverse this dumb decision.  You WILL lose customers.  Those of us who can afford to move to another carrier WILL.

The math will be bad for ATT, so reverse the policy.  Or put the replacement service in place immediately.

IF anyone at ATT is listening, please call me for further detail.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.