Need your talk or text logs?
MT073's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, March 30th, 2013 3:49 PM

Receiving same text message repeatedly

Interesting phenomena just experienced.  A buddy (iPhone, AT&T) just sent me a text and then about every 1 - 2 minutes I would receive the same text over and over, with the same timestamp on each message.  I called him up and asked if anything was going on on his end and he said he sent it only once and in fact had replied with a couple more texts, that I had not received.  We both recycled power on our phones  and the problem went away and I received the reply texts that he said he had sent several minutes earlier while I was experiencing the problem  (my phone is Samsung InFuse with GINGERBREAD.UCLB3 build).

Never seen this before in my 1-1/2 years on AT&T.

Any thoughts?  Phone issue?  Network issue?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same thing with me only from one person when I make them angry they hold the send button down and the message repeats as long as they hold it. If they are not angry they only send one message at a time.Talk to your sender or do what I did and try the same to them I got a response why did you send so many messages and locked my phone up. Hope it works for you.Larry

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you so much for your advice! AT&T was the "person" sending the message repeatedly; and we don't even use them for mobile!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.