Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 11, 2012
9:40:22 AM
View profile
Re: At&t detected tethering data, removed my unlimited and forced me to have 5gb tethering data
Is the 5GB data plan that is 50 bucks and includes hotspot a true 5GB? Meaning if I want to tether all 5GB I can do that or does it split it up? Thanks
Is the 5GB data plan that is 50 bucks and includes hotspot a true 5GB? Meaning if I want to tether all 5GB I can do that or does it split it up? Thanks
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 11, 2012 11:49:03 AM
(0)
Expert

coolemt93 wrote:

you get 5GB, use it the way you want to, same with the additional gb added that you pay for if you exceed the allocation, you will have all of it at full speed with no throttling

Accepted Solution

Re: At&t detected tethering data, removed my unlimited and forced me to have 5gb tethering data

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 11, 2012 11:49:03 AM
(0)
Expert

coolemt93 wrote:

you get 5GB, use it the way you want to, same with the additional gb added that you pay for if you exceed the allocation, you will have all of it at full speed with no throttling

coolemt93 wrote:

2 of 5 (14,839 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2012 12:49:07 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Wingrider is right - here's a link with more info about dataplans. http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/data-plans.jsp?fbid=XRk7B7eZm6k

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Wingrider is right - here's a link with more info about dataplans. http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/data-plans.jsp?fbid=XRk7B7eZm6k

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 5 (14,823 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2012 12:31:22 PM
(0)
Contributor
AT&T told me though the only drawback is I don't get my corporate discount

4 of 5 (14,721 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2012 1:14:08 PM
(0)
Expert

coolemt93 wrote:

would verify that, depedning on how your corporate discount is written it should be applicable to the 50.00 plan, it does not apply to the smaller plans but it should to this one

coolemt93 wrote:

would verify that, depedning on how your corporate discount is written it should be applicable to the 50.00 plan, it does not apply to the smaller plans but it should to this one

5 of 5 (14,716 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments