For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
vamp91991's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, December 30th, 2008 10:17 PM

Closed

Problems with recieving and sending Multimedia Text Messages.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

@vamp91991 wrote:

Ok, so I think I've noticed something. I need to be connected to the internet to send an MMS.

THe thing I now want to know is, when I hit connect on my centro, does it start charging me then?

Or does it only charge when I get on the actual browser?

And another question, I've heard that chatting is included in the Unlimited messaging plan? Would this include the included instant messengers that came with the phone? 

Yes, in order to send MMS, it connects to the internet because it does use data. As for WHEN you get charged for data...the way it is on my SHINE, as soon as I see the "globe" symbol, I would say that is when I would start being charged.Don't really know how it would work on your phone.

Unlimited Messaging INCLUDES, TEXT, PIC/VIDEO, and IM (IM is included in the Messaging Plan PROVIDED you use one of the PREINSTALLED IM clients on your phone). However, if you would happen to access IM through the MEdia Net Page or a 3rd party, you WILL incur data charges.

Hope this helps a little. Smiley Wink

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

15 years ago

So it didn't post what I typed for some reason >.<

I'm receiving SMS text messages fine, but when I try and send a multimedia message on my Centro, it always tells me that it either can't connect to the network to download or send, or that the network was interrupted. Something to that effect.

I know its not a problem with our plan because my mom's Samsung sends and receives multimedia texts fine. Is there something on the phone that I have to set up differently to be able to send multimedia?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

15 years ago

Ok, so I think I've noticed something. I need to be connected to the internet to send an MMS.

THe thing I now want to know is, when I hit connect on my centro, does it start charging me then?

Or does it only charge when I get on the actual browser?

And another question, I've heard that chatting is included in the Unlimited messaging plan? Would this include the included instant messengers that came with the phone? 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

15 years ago

Yes thank you. 😄

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

You're VERY WELCOME!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Smiley Wink
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.