For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
dprus's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, May 26th, 2014 6:32 PM

Ported my number out of AT&T and now no one in AT&T can text me

Hi all,

I recently ported my number away from AT&T to T-Mobile. My text messaging between T-Mobile and all networks except for AT&T works flawlessly (even international). I contacted T-Mobile about this and after an executive escalation they had someone trace a text message from my phone out of their network and they said they are certain it's leaving their network properly. Also, when someone from AT&T sends my number a message they never see it enter T-Mobile's network at all. They are convinced the issue is on AT&T's end.

The problem is when I call AT&T to tell them about the issue they tell me they won't help me because I'm not an AT&T customer.

To me it seems like the perfect way for AT&T to stop people from leaving their network. They basically won't help me unless I rejoin AT&T. I'm almost certain that if I did that everything would start working fine again.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me?

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

One other interesting piece of information. MMS works perfectly between my phone and someone on AT&T. It's just regular text messaging that's broken.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, dprus!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues texting AT&T users. We would be happy to investigate further, so please click here to send us a private message. Since you don't currently have an AT&T account for us to make account-level changes, we will likely perform some basic troubleshooting and go from there. 

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

I actually remember helping someone fix the mirror image of this.

They port their number in, but some of services working working right. I think texting was also the main one then too. It's been a while.

I had to get them in touch with our tech, but I'm thinking that TMobile's going ot be responisble for making sure they brough everything over properly for your line.

-Alex

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.