Need your talk or text logs?
stpark6985's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, January 8th, 2019 4:32 PM

Pixel 3 losing data connection after disconnecting from WiFI

I and others are having an issue with cellular data connectivity when disconnecting from a WiFi access point.  After disconnecting, I am still connected to the AT&T network, but do not have access to data.  I see that I am connected to the LTE network, but there is an X through the icon.  The only way to fix this is to restart the phone, or toggle airplane mode.  It doesn't happen every time I disconnect from WiFi. I spoke with Google and they said to talk to AT&T.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I have the same issue. It does happen at wifi disconnection. It doesn't seem to do this when booted into safe mode. It's definitely a problem with handing back off to LTE from wifi.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

And this started happening around December for me. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Just tried chatting with Google about this but all they could come up with was to perform a factory reset.  I told them others had already done this and it didn't fix it.  They then told me to do a factory reset... It's becoming very frustrating that I sometimes miss out on MMS or don't realize my phone is not connected to data when leaving my house.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Jumping in on this thread. I have the same issue but only when leaving my house. Wondering if everyone having this issue has AT&T internet service at home. I have as well tried all the things mentioned here with no success. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

If you have enabled developer mode on your phone go back and turn off
everything you changed in dev mode. Specifically anything to do with
cellular or wifi.
Restart after.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Wow, that sure seems like what could be causing it! Thanks. I'll make sure I post that it resolved the issue.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

So mine is finally fixed! I had to talk with AT&T and they said that they had the wrong IMEI on file.  I also had to redo my APN settings.  They sent me to the URL below.

https://apn.gishan.net/en/apn/att/google-pixel-3 

The APN settings also fixed 2 other Pixel 3's we have on my account. I haven't had the issue in almost 2 weeks.  Sorry for not updating!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

This was what actually fixed my phone. I don't think the labeled solution in this thread is entirely true. 

If you have enabled developer mode on your phone go back and turn off
everything you changed in dev mode. Specifically anything to do with
cellular or wifi.
Restart after.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Thank you,  I was able to get my Sim card working only after I turn the Wifi-calling OFF .   The difficult/crappy setup is that in order to turn off that setting you need to have the Pixel 3 XL read your SIM Card.  I was able to accomplish this by connecting my home wifi, then restart the phone at that time it  was able to read the SIM card.   Under Settings-> Network & internet -> Mobile Network -> click advanced to see the rest of the options -> under Calling "Wi-fi calling" make sure its off.

I know this is the issue since I tested by doing the following, the minute I dropped from wi-fi, the phone read "No Sim Card", I had to turn my wi-fi back on and then restarted the phone "Pixel 3 XL" so it could read the SIM card.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

This was the fix for me too . Turning off dev mode did it.  Phone is much snappier now, too.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.