Need your talk or text logs?
tiffy_1226's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, January 11th, 2009 3:43 AM

Closed

Picture Messaging Problems?

I have a Samsung Propel, and picture messaging (MMS?) worked fine at first, then I had browser access blocked because I kept hitting the browser button by accident(I do not have a data plan and it charged me every time). Now, my phone won't send or receive a picture message. It says "Sending failed. Connection refused." I thought picture messaging was included in the unlimited texting package? Will it not work without the internet, or without charging me?

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

@tiffy_1226 wrote:
Ok, so, if I have the internet unblocked, will it charge me for sending picture messages, since I don't have internet access added to my plan?
Message Edited by tiffy_1226 on 01-10-2009 10:25:25 PM
Message Edited by tiffy_1226 on 01-10-2009 10:31:05 PM

NO you shouldn't get charged for sending/receiving picture messages (MMS) because the associated data charges are INCLUDED in your Unlimited Messaging Plan. You DO NOT need to have an additional data plan.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

@tiffy_1226 wrote:
I have a Samsung Propel, and picture messaging (MMS?) worked fine at first, then I had browser access blocked because I kept hitting the browser button by accident(I do not have a data plan and it charged me every time). Now, my phone won't send or receive a picture message. It says "Sending failed. Connection refused." I thought picture messaging was included in the unlimited texting package? Will it not work without the internet, or without charging me?

Yes, MMS IS included in the Unlimited Messaging Plan however it does use data. So if you have the internet blocked, that is the reason you can not send MMS. It will not work without the internet. The data charges associated with MMS are INCLUDED in your Unlimited Messaging Plan.If you want to send MMS, then you'll have to have your internet UNBLOCKED.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

Ok, so, if I have the internet unblocked, will it charge me for sending picture messages, since I don't have internet access added to my plan?
Message Edited by tiffy_1226 on 01-10-2009 10:25:25 PM
Message Edited by tiffy_1226 on 01-10-2009 10:31:05 PM

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

@tiffy_1226 wrote:

tiffy_1226......Glad I could help you. You're just going to have to be more careful hitting that browser button. You will get charged everytime you access that. Smiley Wink

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

Have you tried assigning the browser button a different function? Like maybe text messaging or something.  That might help you if you accidentally hit that button to prevent data charges.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

I have internet on my phone blocked but have the unlimited texting plan. How do I unblock the internet online.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

@jinggoy wrote:
I have internet on my phone blocked but have the unlimited texting plan. How do I unblock the internet online.

I'm not quite sure it can be done online. My suggestion would be is to have the account holder call CC at 1-800-331-0500 from a phone other than your cell. Ask them to unblock it. Do not hang up with them until your phone is working as it should.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

nevermind, i quickly figured out that it wasnt my problem but the phone itself. I've had this phone since the cingular days and it's not set up for at&t network, therefore my media net doesnt work anymore.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.