For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Jradsick's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, August 14th, 2016 6:30 PM

Phone storage

I cannot upgrade to the new iOS because it says Documents & Data are full. But I don't store anything and clear all email regularly. What can be done?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

If you go into settings->general->storage you can see which programs are using the most.  You might see something that you don't use any more and can delete it.

Also, is there some music or videos that you can delete?

Video is huge, if you purchased it or recored it yourself.

If you purchased it from iTunes you can always download it again (not if it's video you recorded with the camera).

When solved / helped, please mark your question as solved by clicking "Accept solution". This helps other people to find an answer more quickly.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for the reply, but I have no music, no videos, have emptied all my email boxes, and it’s still showing 2.9 GB in mail and attachments.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Jradsick Did you go into settings->general->storage you can see which programs are using the most.  (I'm guessing that's where you got the mail number but you didn't specifically say).

Try force-quitting all the apps (so none are running in the background) and power the phone off and power it back on and see if the frees up enough space.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

You are correct that I got the number from the storage and use numbers. It appears that the mail is not being deleted from the system as it should be, but the suggestion to force-quit the apps and restart did give me enough space to update the system.

Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

AWESOME!

Check on the web at your mail account and see if everything you think you deleted is gone.

Once you have only the mail you want on the web, you could delete that mail account from the phone (make sure you get the 2.9GB back) and re-add the same account back, if that mail isn't on the web it shouldn't use that space again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.