Need your talk or text logs?
coolemt93's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, November 20th, 2012 4:39 PM

Personal Hotspot

Have 15gb mobile share plan and since Sunday all of my family's IPhone's and friends who have same plan can turn their hotspot but iPads etc cannot recognize them.  Contacted AT&T and they don't know what do to. They are saying there isn't a problem. Updated to 6.0.1. Anyone else? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

I figured out the issue. Turn off FaceTime over cellular, restart the iPhone and the tethering works.  Somehow turning on FaceTime over cellular breaks tethering.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Yes. I have the same problem exactly. Same response. Looked up all the help stuff on apple and no fix either.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

Same problem here! It started sometime late morning for me. I contacted AT&T and they said "There was a know issue trending early on the hotspot for the IOS devices. But has not been officially identified as a known issue yet.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I have the same problem with my iPhone 5 on iOS 6.0.1. It started on Nov. 19. In the morning I was able to tether, in the afternoon I could not.

I worked with AT&T and Apple yesterday. After working my way through AT&T 1st level support, 2nd level support and a support manager, I have a case open with AT&T network engineering. Resetting network settings, restoring iOS, and reprovisioning my data plan all failed to resolve the issue. I stopped short of getting a replacement phone from Apple because that solution hadn't helped anyone else, according to the Apple store tech.

For what it's worth, my wife's iPhone 4 on iOS 5 is on the same shared data plan and the tethering works fine.

I posted more technical details with logs from my phone in the Apple forums yesterday:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/20342255#20342255

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

NO WAY. YOU SOLVED IT.

Thank you!

Where did you find the solution?

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

A friend was having the same issue and we had a suspicion that it was related to FaceTime since that was the last thing that changed. I tried to just turn it off, but that didn't help. When he restored his phone, that toggle was in the off position, so I tried it again with a reboot and it worked. This was after two AT&T support sessions and one with Apple. He also had multiple support sessions with no resolution. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Thank you NV_Lady, I had the same problem and this solution worked for me also. This has lowered my blood pressure considerably.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.