Need your talk or text logs?
cathyaw's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, September 12th, 2015 6:03 PM

Payment notification texts

Every month I receive a text notification that my payment has been received.  These texts come in around 5 to 6 am and wake me.  At that time of morning, I am sleeping and really don't care too much about my payments.  I was just told by an AT&T customer service rep that these notifications can not be stopped.  It's hard to believe nothing can be done about this.  At least send the texts at a reasonable hour. Very frustrating.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @cathyaw

Unfortunately, customers are unable to opt-out of a payment confirmation text message.

It sounds like you are receiving the notification when your payment is being drafted out of your payment method you have set up on Auto Pay.

I would recommend setting up a Mute or Do Not Disturb setting on your device or you can opt-out of AutoPay and just pay your bill manually.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

That SUCKS.

I don't understand why I can't stop these friggin' payment notificaitons in the middle of the friggin' night!!!!!!!

What the {edited for word filter evasion} is the company thinking?????????

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

These multiple texts are extremely annoying. It's unreasonable to ask people to put their entire phone on "do not disturb" just to avoid these messages. This policy makes me resent AT&T. There should at least be an option to get the alerts emailed instead of texted.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

This has got to be the dumbest policy I've ever heard of. I'm now looking for a way to mark these messages as spam or otherwise block the sender. I don't want these stupid text messages just telling me that my payment was received! This who-cares-what-the-customer-wants attitude of AT&T is reason enough for me to start looking for another provider ASAP.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

One guy at customer service told me I can't turn off the payment text messages because it's a FCC regulation. Seriously. He's pretty dumb if he actually believes that. And the thing is, I get an email and a text message. WHY??? It's ridiculous!!! And I dont know why Charise above implied that it's due to the Autopay feature. My account IS NOT on Autopay, but every time I make a payment I get a text message AND an email notifying me I made a payment. Well duh!!! I made the frigging payment so why are you notifying ME???

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I hate this more than I can say. I have tried for over a year to get AT&T to stop waking me up early Saturday morning 1 week out of every 4. They apparently ENJOY ruining my weekends. My sleep is incredibly fragile, but I sleep with the phone by my head for emergencies because I have a serious illness. No matter what I do, AT&T refuses to stop. I also got that ridiculous line about the FCC REQUIRES them to text me early in the morning on a Saturday to notify me of my payment, that they also already notified me of by email. That is the stupidest lie I've ever heard.

I have now put the AT&T text number on Block, and we will see if that helps at all, but probably not because usually my phone still makes a noise and lights up when it blocks a caller. I have been a loyal AT&T customer for some 15 years, but I am about to drop AT&T over this. How dare they? The smug arrogance about it is the most infuriating part - they truly do not care, and act as though I am lucky to have THEM, rather than the other way around! Telling us to cancel autopay to stop their unwanted texts is absolutely unreasonable. They need to get ahold of their IT Dept and CHANGE this glitch - that is all there is to say. It is not the customers' fault. It is not the customers' responsibility to fix. It is AT&T's fault, and AT&T's responsibility to fix. I was up until 2AM last night, and then mercifully finally fell asleep. And guess what I get greeted to? Another fing text just a few hours later. The number of curse words I have in my head right now are quite a few, because my medical condition makes it so that I cannot fall back asleep, and I will be very ill all day today thanks to AT&T.

My phone is already on mute. But if I shut it off, I then can't get important texts from people that I actually NEED to receive emergency communciation from, and my phone would not be ready for me to use if I had a medical emergency. I should have every right to control my communication with my phone company - they are not a critical part of my life, and if they think they are, they can see what happens when I stop being a phone and internet customer of theirs for the rest of time, and warn everyone I know in person and online about the downfalls of their company. What kind of major corporation can't control their own text message system? Even my pharmacy can manage to give me an option for emails, texts, or both, to notify me of a Rx order. But AT&T, a communications technology company - somebody please see the irony here! - cannot figure out how to handle their own text system. The ineptitude of this corporate giant is staggering.

[word filter avoidance]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.