Need your talk or text logs?
Chris1332's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, August 20th, 2013 9:49 PM

Overage on Data Plan

Well it says I have a overage of 605.. How much money will that charge?  Like how much extra.  Im on the 5GB data plan and it will charge $15 for evry GB over

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Chris1332 wrote:
But what I'm asking is how much money is that going to cost like how many times is 15$ going to be charged

your are charged per overage, for example if you use 8GB on the 5GB plan you exceeded by 3gb so you are charged 45.00. guessing the 605 is MB you will only be charged 15.00

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

11 years ago

You'll be charged $15 whether it's one meg over or one gig.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 years ago

I know everyone calls it an overage charge but it is actually the purchase of another bucket of data. When you go over the 5GB, you automatically buy another GB of data. If you use that up and go over, then you automatically buy another GB of data. I believe the charge on the 5GB plan is $10 per GB, though.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

But what I'm asking is how much money is that going to cost like how many times is 15$ going to be charged

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks so much bro you saved me from having to worry about me being introuble

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Most of the times the overages happen  just before the new billing cycle begins. The notice only comes after you've went over and the charge has already been applied. Ok, so be it. With teenagers it would be helpful for me to get the notice a little sooner. I realize I can block the extra data, but that cost $5.00 per month(I'll chance it). So if I pay $10.00 for an extra MB, why doesn't my bill reflect any balance of data that wasn't used from that MB? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.