Need your talk or text logs?
aperalta85's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, April 12th, 2016 5:45 PM

Onstar and a unified AT&T bill

Apparently I am unable to add my vehicle to my mobile share account because I have a unified bill. I would have to first de-unify my bill, wait 10 days then add the vehicle, then wait 10 days again and call and unify my bill. Sorry AT&T but I'm not jumping through that many hoops to pay an extra $120 per year. I was willing to pay for the convenience but that process eliminates the convenience so I'll just turn my phone into a hotspot if I need to. 

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi there @aperalta85 !

Thank you for posting your concerns. I’m so sorry to hear you are having a negative experience with your unified billing. This is not the experience we want our customers to have.
This is correct, unfortunately we are unable to add OnStar services to a unified account.

We are hoping to see this this option implemented sometime in the future.
In the meantime, we’ll be happy to help remove the unification so OnStar can be added to your account and address any other questions or concerns you may have.

Please private message me by clicking here and provide your name and a good contact number.

We certainly apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and hope to hear from you.

Rachel A
AT&T Social Media Manager

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

While I understand this is just the way things are, it does not make it ok. Unfortunately removing the unification (and my $10 combined bill credit), just so I can add another $10/mo charge, and then have to call and re-unify my bill is not something I want to go through the hassle to do. Not to mention the fact that I would have to re-live the crazy billing that occurs over the first couple of months when you unify your bill. The fact that I can easily add a phone or tablet purchased through AT&T but not add my vehicle that is advertised as using AT&T’s services is baffling not only to me but to the OnStar representative who was helping me.

This is poor implementation and incredibly inconvenient to a customer who has had 5 wireless lines for 10+ years plus recently added directv and at&t gigapower. It not only leaves a bad taste in the mouths of AT&T’s most loyal customers who use multiple services but it also hurts AT&T’s revenue stream as I am sure I am not the only one who has decided not to add this to my account.

When a better process is implemented let me know and I will consider adding my vehicle again if I have not already moved ALL of my AT&T services to a different carrier. I know you don't make the policies and appreciate you taking the time to look into this for me.

Thanks,

Anthony Peralta

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.