For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Mrduffer's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, December 5th, 2015 5:10 PM

Numbersync app for wearables.

Recently purchased Galaxy Note 5 and Gear S2 from ATT. When will NumberSync app be available to link the two different phone numbers ?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

For more information and complete details, please visit NumberSync for Wearables!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

Sounds like a job for @GLIMMERMAN76 ?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

That I have not heard about. When the watch was launched they said it would use number sync but I have not seen anything more on it. My gear s2 is WiFi only. The cellular kills the battery to much for my taste.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

This explains why...  Its coming soon and that is all your going to get from ATT they wont give dates.

Capture.JPG

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for the replies everyone. I talked with several live salespeople at AT&T stores, as well as chatting with online Tech Support, and they all say "hold your breath...coming soon" ! For any viewers wondering what this is all about, NumberSync is supposed to allow AT&T subscribers to link one or more ("up to five" is the official word) separate wireless devices (cell phones, tablets, wearables - like my Gear S2 Smart Watch) that each have their own unique wireless cellular number, so that a call or text message to one of the numbers will show up as a notification on all other linked devices. Like "call forwarding", the convenience is tremendous, because you can receive and originate texts and voice calls on any linked device to use a single "unified" number, permitting your correspondents to easily recognize you, AND giving you the opportunity to use any linked device when the other devices are out of reach (like "left at home"). The AT&T reps stated that this NumberSync is a "feature" which must be "added" to each device to be linked, and then the actual linking is done by the user, who designates a "primary" number through which all other numbers called will be re-directed. In my case I choose my Note 5 cell number as my primary, and my Gear S2 as my linked, so calls to my cell will actually show up on my Gear as well. This is what I know so far about NumberSync.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

NumberSync does NOT stay connected. It will turn on, then disconnect without your knowledge. You will notice call, texts, etc going to you phone...your wearable gets nothing at all. AT&T does not care. I have been reporting and trying to get help since February 2016. Even sent to Samsung warranty..wearable is fine. AT&T is stealing money for a service that does not perform as promised on Androids.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.