Need your talk or text logs?
Zacronious's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, April 13th, 2018 7:10 PM

iPhone not receiving group texts

I am able to send text in a group messages but I can’t receive them unless I restart my phone. Then they all come in at one time. I have iPhone X with the newest update 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I have an iPhone 6S and am having the same problem.  As stated in previous blogs, the problem seamed to go away but now it is back.  I tried the steps above from the AT&T but this did not help.  Some of the text message will come in after I power on/off my phone, but not all of them.  The group text is comprised of iPhone and Android telephones.  Please let me know if you have a fix.  Thanks...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I had the same problem when this thread was started. I went through AT&T tech support FOUR different times who all promised me they were going to fix the problem. It ends up correcting itself days later. I'm very certain the help desk isn't going to be able to "re-provision" my MMS feature. When I ask WHY this is happening so I know for future encounters when it inevitably will happen again, they just reassure that it won't happen again. Well folks, today, it happened again. Went through the same song and dance. The AT&T store says to go to Apple. Apple says there's nothing wrong with the phone, and really every other single function including group texting with other iPhone users is fine. It is just with an android-user MMS group chat. Just like other users, Verizon iPhone and Android users alike all get the texts. Which leads me to my conclusion this is very much an AT&T problem. I've done my research and I believe it has to do on the types of Networks they are: Verizon being a CDMA vs AT&T which is a GSM. Based on the dozens of forums throughout the years I've come across, it's a translation issue on the AT&T network side. 

Unfortunately since they will not address this issue being bigger than an individual case (look at all of us that have problems) I believe I will be going back to Verizon after almost a decade. AT&T prices are fair but if I can't use my basic function of the phone and be able to text, than what's the point. Not to mention the continual blame on the manufacturer of the product and being Patronized every time I put a ticket in. Today I even said to the "agent" to 'Cut the act, let me know what is wrong with the phone so I can tell the next agent the next time this happens'. Of course I was once again promised the issue will be fixed. Well after 4 times I shouldn't have this issue at all correct? So it's clear they either don't know what the issue is or do not want to invest the money in correcting the issue. I fear leaving is my only option. I hope this help clarifies the issue you may be having, for anyone reading this in the future. 

AT&T, if you stumble upon this, I recommend you escalate this to as high as a level as you can, otherwise you'll probably end up losing a lot of loyal customers for such a silly reason. We just want to be able to text. Not asking a lot here.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I agree the problem seems to come and go. It corrects itself? I’m not sure. The mixed (iPhone and Android) group texting appears to be working - today! Who knows about tomorrow.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

happening again, only time I get group txts is right after a full restart, then they stop again.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Shawn,  In Step 3 you mention "You will then need to reset your iPhone".  What level of reset is required in this step?  "Reset All Settings" ,  "Erase All Content and Settings".  Or is it just another "Reset Network Settings".  Thanks

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Im having this problem right now, only get messages as soon as the phone is reset and then nothing. Its been happening on and off for a year.  Last time they sent me a new SIM card and said that was the problem. It is still happening

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am having the same issue. Just curious but I used my old SIM card when I bought my new XS Max. I wonder if anyone else here done the same and this could be part of the problem? My new SIM would not work at all. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I have this problem also. I did the above steps and it didn’t work.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I had an issue on an iPhone X that couldn't group text to android phones (possibly related?) Figured  out the issue.  We had used a Google Fi SIM card on vacation and updated APN settings. When returning and putting in ATT SIM, they hide the APN menu but don't seem to override the settings. We had to reinsert a Fi SIM, delete/reset APN settings, and then the ATT SIM works fine again!

• 

3 Messages

This solutions work on all our iPhone. I re-insert all SIM I used previously and reset APN settings one by one. Then the new SIM card works normally again.

Of course, you must make sure MMS is on in iMessage settings.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

@Trerai You are a life saver. That's exactly the issue.

• 

2 Messages

@Suntzu Can you explain what you did? I don't have an old SIM, just the one that came with my phone. Should I take that out and reinsert? How do you reset APN settings - where do I find them and how many are there?

• 

3 Messages

@erinblankenship ​ Take a look at this following thread. Is your phone new? or used? If it's used, it might have APN settings from previous owner.

​https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251081175

• 

2 Messages

Thanks I found that thread. I bought the phone new November 2018 and just started having this issue approx a week ago. Issue is limited to group texts with mixed iphone and android users (group only has 4 people). Super frustrating. AT&T has reset my settings twice, I've reset network settings, reset cellular statistics, but the issue persists. I only know because my friends text me a "code" word when my phone has sent texts in the middle of the night or even 12-18 hours after I sent them. I don't know how to reset APN settings and do not have an old SIM.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I can’t send group messages, nor receive them, also cannot send pictures to NON iPhone users. The group message is to NON iPhone users as well. Help!!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.