Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Not receiving group messages iPhone

Contributor

Not receiving group messages iPhone

I am able to send text in a group messages but I can’t receive them unless I restart my phone. Then they all come in at one time. I have iPhone X with the newest update 

Message 1 of 26
Teacher

Re: Not receiving group messages iPhone

I have been having the same issue.  just this morning I received over 20 texts.  They were all 2 to 3 days old.  Help fix AT&T

Message 16 of 26
Tutor

I am also having this same issue.  It used to happen all the time with my iphone 6plus, but was pretty good on the new XR, until the last couple days its been really bad

Message 17 of 26
Tutor

AT&T is not willing to admit they have a problem to fix.   I spent another 45 minutes on the phone with yet another rep to learn that 1) they know about this problem, 2) they don’t know when or if it will be fixed and 3) I should contact Apple as it is an Apple problem.    After an hour on the phone with Apple and factory resetting my phone, the problem still exists.   The inability to change certain settings under cellular confirmed to the Apple rep this is an AT&T problem.   I concur as no one I know on Verizon is having this issue.  

Message 18 of 26

I am having the same issues as people have stated earlier. I am not receiving messages, receiving some but not all, or the distant end is receiving them extremely delayed. Some messages get through, some dont. This is not an IPHONE ISSUE this is an AT&T issue! I am in a group chat with a Android with TMobile, Iphone with Verizon, and Me (Iphone with AT&T). I am the only one having issues. 

I have tried resetting my network settings, restarting phone, completely resetting my Iphone, deleting the group chat, deleting the numbers, turing on/off IMessage, etc.. Nothing has worked.

AT&T Please look into this issue as it is very frustrating.

V/R

Paying Customer

Message 19 of 26
Tutor

Same problem for over a year now. Bought a new iPhone XR and hasn’t been giving me issues until a couple days ago. Stayed on the phone with ATT for over an hour and they insist it is an iPhone issue not them. Well I call Apple and stay on the phone with them for 2 hours. Even factory reset my phone. It worked for about 36 hours and now back to not getting anything! Frustrating 

Message 20 of 26
Tutor

I had the same exact experience Jess18548 - a factory reset got me not quite 2 days of functionality and now it does not work at all.

Message 21 of 26

I have an iPhone 6S and am having the same problem.  As stated in previous blogs, the problem seamed to go away but now it is back.  I tried the steps above from the AT&T but this did not help.  Some of the text message will come in after I power on/off my phone, but not all of them.  The group text is comprised of iPhone and Android telephones.  Please let me know if you have a fix.  Thanks...

Message 22 of 26

I had the same problem when this thread was started. I went through AT&T tech support FOUR different times who all promised me they were going to fix the problem. It ends up correcting itself days later. I'm very certain the help desk isn't going to be able to "re-provision" my MMS feature. When I ask WHY this is happening so I know for future encounters when it inevitably will happen again, they just reassure that it won't happen again. Well folks, today, it happened again. Went through the same song and dance. The AT&T store says to go to Apple. Apple says there's nothing wrong with the phone, and really every other single function including group texting with other iPhone users is fine. It is just with an android-user MMS group chat. Just like other users, Verizon iPhone and Android users alike all get the texts. Which leads me to my conclusion this is very much an AT&T problem. I've done my research and I believe it has to do on the types of Networks they are: Verizon being a CDMA vs AT&T which is a GSM. Based on the dozens of forums throughout the years I've come across, it's a translation issue on the AT&T network side. 

Unfortunately since they will not address this issue being bigger than an individual case (look at all of us that have problems) I believe I will be going back to Verizon after almost a decade. AT&T prices are fair but if I can't use my basic function of the phone and be able to text, than what's the point. Not to mention the continual blame on the manufacturer of the product and being Patronized every time I put a ticket in. Today I even said to the "agent" to 'Cut the act, let me know what is wrong with the phone so I can tell the next agent the next time this happens'. Of course I was once again promised the issue will be fixed. Well after 4 times I shouldn't have this issue at all correct? So it's clear they either don't know what the issue is or do not want to invest the money in correcting the issue. I fear leaving is my only option. I hope this help clarifies the issue you may be having, for anyone reading this in the future. 

AT&T, if you stumble upon this, I recommend you escalate this to as high as a level as you can, otherwise you'll probably end up losing a lot of loyal customers for such a silly reason. We just want to be able to text. Not asking a lot here.

Message 23 of 26

I agree the problem seems to come and go. It corrects itself? I’m not sure. The mixed (iPhone and Android) group texting appears to be working - today! Who knows about tomorrow.
Message 24 of 26
Highlighted
Tutor

happening again, only time I get group txts is right after a full restart, then they stop again.  

Message 25 of 26
Contributor

Shawn,  In Step 3 you mention "You will then need to reset your iPhone".  What level of reset is required in this step?  "Reset All Settings" ,  "Erase All Content and Settings".  Or is it just another "Reset Network Settings".  Thanks

Message 26 of 26
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support