Need your talk or text logs?
AJ5652's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, October 17th, 2014 3:55 AM

Not Receiving Text Messages

Today I hadn't really paid attention to my phone, but I realized people who usually reply to my texts hadn't replied all day.

I asked my dad why he didn't text me back, but he showed me where he had. A friend also told me that they had sent texts.

I have turned my phone off and back on, but I am not receiving any new messages, and I haven't all day. Please help!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

9 years ago

Please visit the Troubleshoot and Resolve Tool to troubleshoot issues with sending or receiving text messages.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @AJ5652 

Are you still having this issue? What kind of phone do you use?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

After a long, hard few hours with troubleshooting my cell phone via landline, I finally was connected through to a Technical Support Representative who was VERY helpful AND polite, to top. I have since resolved this issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am having this same issue. There are times I miss all kinds of texts. They are being sent from all different carriers and different types of phones. I have had this issue with AT&T for years now. I have had my handsets replaced multiple times and that is not the issue. How did you get this fixed?

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

Troubleshoot does NOT fix this problem for me! Increased GREATLY after the 8.2 software update. Please don't tell me the generic "use the troubleshoot tool" answer.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Same problem, multiple times. First time I was helped the rep tried all sorts of things that didn't fix it until he decided to re-register my phone to the network. That fixed the problem for about a week until I got another cascade of texts all at once and realized it was happening again. I called the help line and this time the rep suggested I get a new Sim card, and if that didn't work I'd have to get a new device (also said she couldn't fix the immediate problem even though the other service rep had no problem re-registering my device). Anyway, I got a new Sim card and a brand new moto g, only to have the same issue happen today, when another cascade of texts from Sunday and Monday came through all at once. Time sensitive texts, mind you. A quick search shows a multitude of at&t users with the same problem and a real solution never arises. Please help.

Scholar

• 

39 Messages

9 years ago

How about posting what the tech did to fix your text problems, I am having it also.

Scholar

• 

39 Messages

9 years ago

for WEEKS and WEEKS, my AT&T Galaxy S4 has had trouble sending and receiving texts. The take forever to send, if they send at all.  Sometimes it can take 10 minutes for the stop text app to tell me the text was sent.  I have full wireless signal (5 bars), and the 4G is working.  Some days texts send and receive in less than 1 second, but most of the time, there are huge delays and many more failed text sends.

I am in Boston and have unlimited data and unlimited texts.  WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!!!!???

Scholar

• 

39 Messages

9 years ago

How about posting what they did or had you do to fix the texting problem.

Scholar

• 

39 Messages

9 years ago

clicked that link, picked my phone, and could not find anything to fix my issue. useless!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.