Need your talk or text logs?
Raynsharesp's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, July 8th, 2019 3:14 PM

New Car Hot Spot

No where can I find a step by step way to start my wifi trial in new car. The reads a hot spot name and a password which it doesn’t recognize and wont connect. I don’t even know if the hotspot name is correct it just had one already there when I tried to connect. I tried password I used to register account with att, but it didn’t work. How do I set it up. I would like to use it in car, but if I cant find out how to set up then I will delete account. Thank you for your help. Car Is Dodge Durango GT 4.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

dodge has their own hotspot  that you need to purchase from them, its called uconnect and has nothing to do with at&t you cannot connect your at&t phone account to your car,

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Why was I given a trial for my hot spot in car and then directed to A T & T to set it up?????

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Constructive Where did you get that from? The connected car page lists Dodge.

@Raynsharesp Try here to sign up for your trial: https://www.att.com/plans/connected-car/dodge.html

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

From my 2016 challenger I have the same hotspot. I signed up through uconnect right from my radio. It was quite expensive somewhere in the 80 dollar per month range and not once did it reference At&t. Or ask for anything other than a credit card. Unless it’s changed in the past 3 years and my card was charged through Chrysler before I cancelled it.  Maybe newer models give that option to choose a carrier mine didn’t. I kinda feel it wasn’t At&t because when my cell phone had full bars the hotspot had 1 or 2

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

@sandblaster I just checked compatibility on my car and it requires an additional  Harmon plug in device to be compatible with at@t. I’m checking the cost on that right now. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

80 bucks for the odb plug in device and add a new line. This wouldn’t work for me as I have a tuner installed into my odb connector

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I went to Google and asked how to use WiFi in my Dodge and it was set up immediately. It was too bad I didn’t get those instructions on the car or the manual or from the dealership.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.