Need your talk or text logs?
SEREGA784's profile

Scholar

• 

56 Messages

Friday, October 5th, 2012 5:51 PM

Mysterious midnight data usage

I notice in my data usage history shows that every day just after midnight there is a data usage. I know that i do not use data at midnight, at least not every day. Is there an explanation for that or does at&t just reports all the little updates that phone does all day in one chunk? There time I know I used the data, it does show the amount used. Also, at night my phone is always plugged in and should be using wifi. Mystery!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 years ago

@SEREGA784 wrote:

I notice in my data usage history shows that every day just after midnight there is a data usage. I know that i do not use data at midnight, at least not every day. Is there an explanation for that or does at&t just reports all the little updates that phone does all day in one chunk? There time I know I used the data, it does show the amount used. Also, at night my phone is always plugged in and should be using wifi. Mystery!

The time in the usage history is not necessarily the same as when the data was actually downloaded. Those midnight entries could be a compilation of multiple data transfers from throughput the day. 

Professor

• 

1.2K Messages

11 years ago

IPhone?

Scholar

• 

56 Messages

11 years ago

No, Nokia Lumia 900.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

My daughter has an iPhone, and she has the same thing going on.  Only they are huge chuncks of data being sent from her phone to unknown places.  She swear's she's not doing anything.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

How do I find out what is they cause? Saying they may be daily postings doesn't solve the problem that they are occurring.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Did anyone ever get an answer to this? Our phones are doing the same thing, but every 3 hours around the clock. We have turned off celluar data, deleted all apps, turned off uses celluar data for any updates, but it is still using big chunks of data at midnight, 3:00 AM, 6:00 AM when we are sleeping

@walrus4432 wrote:

My daughter has an iPhone, and she has the same thing going on.  Only they are huge chuncks of data being sent from her phone to unknown places.  She swear's she's not doing anything.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I just noticed that all four of our phones are being charged for data at midnight, 3am and 6 am. At 6 am there is a huge amount. What is going on? Has AT&T been hacked?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Of the 4 phones that are showing data usage every three hours from midnight to 6:00 am or 9:00am daily, one phone is not an iPhone and does NOT have app or internet capability, but is getting charged with data usage! Something is wrong here. I viewed my past months bill and none of this shows up.

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

10 years ago

@walrus4432 wrote:

You have to watch the apps you download nowadays too; a lot of those apps "mysteriously" run in the back end. You can "force close", but they find a way to re-open. Awhile ago I let family members play on my phone, and they downloaded a game app( I will not disclose what app it was), that prompted you to take care of a household pet. That app(pet) done "mysterious" things with the functionality of my phone, and every time that app(pet) needed assistance it use a small amount of data.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.