Need your talk or text logs?
ba2333's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, November 13th, 2012 8:53 PM

My phone has 4G service (can text and make phone calls), but no internet connection?

My phone is connected to the 4G network and I can send text messages and receive phone calls, but I am unable to use my browser or any other app that requires an internet connection. I have full bars. I have tried restarting the phone, taking the SIM card in and out, going in and out of airplane mode, etc. I have mobile data 'on' in my settings.

What could be causing this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Just got off the phone with tech support again. Representatives in the store failed to change my data connection from the old phone to the new. They reset it and now it is working.

Thank you!

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

what is the make and model of phone in use and what exactly happens when you try to connect to the internet with the phone.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

It is a new Motorola Atrix HD (just upgraded, same thing happened to me last week on my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10).

I use my browser to go to any website (espn.com, facebook.com, yahoo.com, etc.) and it says "Could not locate remote server. You tried to access espn.com which is currently unavailable."

Facebook app says "Connection Lost"

weather widget won't update.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@ba2333 wrote:

It is a new Motorola Atrix HD (just upgraded, same thing happened to me last week on my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10).

I use my browser to go to any website (espn.com, facebook.com, yahoo.com, etc.) and it says "Could not locate remote server. You tried to access espn.com which is currently unavailable."

Facebook app says "Connection Lost"

weather widget won't update.

what was the previous phone, you may have to call in and have them reset the data connection - especially if it was a iphone

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

Well I am a new customer with the same problem. I have 3 lines on a data share plan. Problem exists on all 3 lines.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@mperson wrote:
Well I am a new customer with the same problem. I have 3 lines on a data share plan. Problem exists on all 3 lines.
Best bet is call in and get them to check the provisioning on the data plan

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

I have called in like 20 times. For whatever reason I get data in all modes (umts, hspa, no LTE yet in my town), but when the network says it is connected via hspap, no data.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.