Need your talk or text logs?
sarunas's profile

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Monday, February 17th, 2014 4:59 PM

Moto X Data Roaming Issues

Hi,

I used Moto X on a recent trip to Dominican Republic. Had Standard International Roaming with temporary Data Global Ad-on.

Voice service worked fine on Claro Dom (Orange and Viva networks were available as well).

Data roaming did not work well. With "Data enabled" and "Data roaming" set to ON, there was a grayed-out 4G indicator, but there was no connection to data network. As a spare phone I had my old Nokia N9. If I moved the SIM card from Moto X to N9, data roaming worked instantly. A few times, after moving SIM card back from N9 to Moto X, the 4G data connectio on Moto X would work, but it would not reconnect after switching to Wi-Fi or after powering the phone off. 4G works fine with Moto X here in US.

Has anyone had similar issues? Any clues on what might be wrong here?

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @sarunas ,

Have you received any answers to this issue?  We'd be happy to look into it for you.  Send us a private message here with your account and contact information. One of our managers will be in touch within 2-3 business days of receiving your information.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

FYI - I had exact same issue, running KitKat. Phone had intermittent connection in Germany and Switzerland. Powering phone off and on would *sometimes* give me connection, but only temporarily. My colleague had her iPhone (also an AT&T device) and experience no connection issues.

AT&T did reverse the international roaming bill for me, since I had such poor connectivity, but I'd rather have the phone work, then get reimbursed, since I really need the international service.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

System updated to 4.4.2 today. Changelog:

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/98823/p/30,6720,8696/action/auth

ENHANCEMENTS

This Moto X software update is for all AT&T users. After installing the software update you will notice some bug fixes and changes, including:

Printing documents and picturesAdded support for printing photos, Google Docs, GMail messages, and other content via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and hosted services like Google Cloud Print and HP ePrinters.
Improved battery lifeFixed bugs which caused a small number of users to experience shorter battery life after upgrading to Android 4.4.
Fixed email sync delaysFixed a bug that could cause email services like Microsoft Exchange to experience intermittent delays in data synchronization.
International roaming fixFixed a bug that caused data connectivity issues for AT&T Moto X users while traveling outside the US.

Hopefully this is the fix we needed…

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hello,

I seem to be experiencing a similar issue with my AT&T Moto X, which is already running on Android 4.4.2. However I especially noticed the issue after AT&T unlocked my phone (which was a nightmare of a process in and of itself), so I can use a prepaid SIM from Orange in Spain.

Now, I am able to connect via Wifi, but no sort of data is working whatsoever. I have checked though all of the possible data roaming/connection settings I can think of, and restarted the phone numerous times without success. I am not sure if this issue is related to AT&T, Orange, the Moto X itself, and/or the phone itself. 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@danieljp wrote:

Hello,

I seem to be experiencing a similar issue with my AT&T Moto X, which is already running on Android 4.4.2. However I especially noticed the issue after AT&T unlocked my phone (which was a nightmare of a process in and of itself), so I can use a prepaid SIM from Orange in Spain.

Now, I am able to connect via Wifi, but no sort of data is working whatsoever. I have checked though all of the possible data roaming/connection settings I can think of, and restarted the phone numerous times without success. I am not sure if this issue is related to AT&T, Orange, the Moto X itself, and/or the phone itself. 

Have you entered the correct APN settings for Orange? when the phone was locked to att, att automaticly entered those settings

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

WiFi connectivity should be independant of cellular network, SIM card used, roaming or not. Some WiFi networks may require jumping through some hoops before allowing any Internet traffic — start a web browser while "connected" to WiFi and you might be redirected to sign-in page and/or they may want you to go through some ads…

If you can, please let us know whether you're able to use AT&T international cellular data roaming with 4.4.2.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

It looks like the fix (update to 4.4.2) helped. Data roaming has worked fine with Vodafone network in Italy. Android 4.4.2, system version 165.44.1.ghost_att.ATT.en.US.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.