01-12-2019 11:13 PM
Earlier tonight I received the same text message 5 times over a half an hour:
From text# 28891323:
"AT&T Free Message: Notice: Mobile line ---------- on your account has consented to share phone location or other subscriber, account, and device data with third parties. Please do not reply to this text. Thank you for choosing AT&T."
1. Is this a real communication from AT&T to me? Seems very odd given yesterday's news articles stating AT&T plans to stop selling customer location data soon.
2. Did I ever give explicit consent to AT&T allowing them to share my phone location & device data with their 3rd parties? I suppose I could have when I signed an AT&T contract.
3. Can I opt out? Immediately? What's my best plan of action to opt out ASAP? (Other than going completely off grid.)
Solved by: Go to Solution.
01-13-2019 12:35 AM
Same # texted me the same message about 6 times.
01-13-2019 5:11 AM
Had to make an account just to say that this happened to me last night at 3 a.m as well. It was sent like 5 or 6 times within 1 minute.
- edited 01-13-2019 7:47 AM
- edited 01-13-2019 9:01 AM
Signed up for an account just to post also
I have the same issue. I'm on cricket wireless which uses AT&T towers. Cricket support is clueless. I don't have an AT&T account so i can't login to the link mentioned above.
01-13-2019 9:06 AM
Thanks GaratJax that link worked, had to log in, then dozens of options from there.