For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Keisa30's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 14th, 2016 11:19 AM

Mobile hotspot with unlimited data

I have unlimited date but I still want to share my date and I don't won't to change my wireless plan

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

You cannot share unlimited data. Unlimited data is for that device only. Hotspots will not work with unlimited data.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

8 years ago

The "unlimited" plan is interesting in itself. With my plan, I paid for 10gb, and got a free bump to 15 awhile back. Then for being a loyal customer, they added ANOTHER 5, which brings me to 20. Add data rollover to that, plus hotspot usage, I get a around 25-28gbs a month of data to use, which is pretty awesome. With data rollover, I dont see why anyone would opt for this plan, but to each his/her own I guess 😄

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Unlimited data doesn't feature any kind of tethering or mobile hotspot. The terms states it's for that one device only. Turning on tethering adds another seat to the table and invites other devices to the data connection. This is why Mobile Share Value was introducted. The word SHARE being key here.

Unlimited data plans are not a solution for in-home internet with the way bandwidth and data capacity is currently setup in this nation. Too many middlemen that control the flow of traffic on the backhaul. This is why no carrier offers a completely unlimited data plan with unlimited tethering. Sprint has a 3GB limite. T-Mobile is 14GB and Verizon offers nothing just like AT&T. If you absolutely need tethering, you'll have to move to a tiered, metered plan.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.