Helpful Links

Mobile Share Questions

Professor

Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

Message 12 of 185
Guru

Re: Mobile Share Questions

all android phones have the hotspot feature built in, you do not need the elevate.
Tags (1)
Message 61 of 185
Explorer

That's what I thought that setting is for. Just needed to hear it. Thanks.
Message 62 of 185
Teacher

Any update as to when these new plans will be available in August?
Message 63 of 185
Former Community Manager

We have not announced a date just yet but you can keep an eye on this site for updates! You can also sign up for an email notification when Mobile Sharing becomes available. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 64 of 185
Former Community Manager

thesorenson3 wrote:

HI All,

I have 10 lines total

1 account has 5 lines

1 account has one line

1 account has 2 lines

and another account 2 lines

Family talk is limited to 5 lines per group.  This new plan shows it allows up to 10.  Am i able to move all these accounts into one and have 1 account , or can the mobile share be distributed to all the different accounts up to 10 devices

I only spread out the lines on different accounts for billing purposes

Thanks

It sounds like Mobile Sharing will be a great option for you!

Since Mobile Sharing allows for 10 devices, you can mix and match your accounts as much or as little as you want. 

You can keep lines grouped as well. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 65 of 185
Former Community Manager

Re: New MobileShare Plans

Dcookie wrote:

jamileh wrote:

Please see my response re: FAN discounts here - http://forums.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Mobile-Share-Questions/m-p/3257527#M59032

Jam...your post is for the Shared Data Plan which hasn't become effective as of yet, correct?

Yes, that is correct. 

--------------

Message 66 of 185
Voyager

21stNow wrote:

Tethering and Mobile Hotspot are included at all data levels with the Mobile Share plans.

Does it mean if I have a wifi version iPad, I can share the internet connection on the go via tethering without additional cost? Sounds too good to be true. 

Message 67 of 185
Professor

Yes, that's exactly what it means.

Message 68 of 185
Contributor

So, what is going to happen if I have a Blackberry that is using Enterprise plan because of the requirement to use BES?  Can a Blackberry that needs to use BES be part of Mobile Share plan?

Message 69 of 185
Guru

Re: Mobile Share is on Its Way!

Hopefully they will continue to offer both plans for a long time. The old plan suits me just fine but maybe down the road the shared plan will be better for me.
Message 70 of 185
Expert

compwhiz wrote:

So, what is going to happen if I have a Blackberry that is using Enterprise plan because of the requirement to use BES?  Can a Blackberry that needs to use BES be part of Mobile Share plan?

they make no mention of business class enterprise data in mobile share - suspect you wil need to stay with what you have

Message 71 of 185
Former Community Manager

compwhiz wrote:

That's a good question. Let me get some clarification on enterprise plans and I'll update the thread with what I find out.

--------------

Message 72 of 185

On my current plan there is an iphone with a 60 dollar talk plan, 30 dollar unlimited data, and 30 dollar family messaging. There are two messaging phones with the 10 dollar line fee. One of those phones is looking to upgrade to a smart phone and would get the 20 dollar 300 MB plan. 

Would we be able to put two of the phones on the mobile share plan, and keep the messaging phone on the unlimited text plan and 10 dollar line fee with no data, instead of paying 30 dollars for that too?

Message 73 of 185
Former Community Manager

Sure can!

You can create groups within your family plan so you can have a couple phones on the Mobile Share plan and other phones on their own plan. 

--------------

Message 74 of 185

So i could put the smart phone and the iphone on the 1gb mobile share plan which would cost 130, and then add ten for the messaging phone? Would the messaging phone still have unlimited messaging?

Message 75 of 185
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support