Mobile Share Questions

Professor

Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

Message 12 of 185 (58,047 Views)
Professor

Re: Mobile Share Questions

My FAN discount applied to the entire bill that I had, to include unlimited data.

Message 46 of 185 (20,124 Views)
Explorer

Wish mine applied to more of the bill, but a discount is better than none.

Message 47 of 185 (20,121 Views)
Teacher

I have a family plan and my FAN applies to the minutes charge but not the 9.99 charge for each line. It also applies to the data plan on each of the lines.
Message 48 of 185 (20,099 Views)
Contributor

That is how my FAN discount worked as well. In my case, I am still grandfathered into the unlimited data plan. I had looked at the 12 month average on my bills and all three iphones on the account average under the 4MB plan. Pluses, is that I gain tethering/mobile hotspot. But not sure if I want to increase the bill by $25.

Mark

Message 49 of 185 (20,089 Views)
Explorer

[ Edited ]

I too, have a family plan, and was told by AT&T that FAN, in my case, only applied to my Rate Plan, for example, my 550 minutes. I'm beginning to believe with all the scenarios here, it's what the your employer and AT&T negotiated.

I jumped for joy when I found out my FAN discount was 18%, but upon further investigation, that 18% only applied to my Rate Plan as stated above.  That burst my bubble.

Update:  I just chatted with AT&T, and my suspicions was correct.  It all depends on the Employer/Association what is offered to the employee.

Message 50 of 185 (20,084 Views)
Expert

Re: New MobileShare Plans

wingrider01 wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

trido wrote:

Our fan gets us 24 percent off the data plan also.the data plan i think has to be the 20 dollars are more plan.I checked we get it on that but not on our two 15 dollar smaller data plan.But we do get atleast mine fan discount on data plans.

trido..thanks for the info. I contacted ATT CC today, spoke to Liz, and asked about the discount on my 2GB$25/mo data plan. She did say originally, that it is for the 5GB plan only but when she checked again she did say that I would get the 24% discount on my data plan that would save me $6/mo. She also made some adjustments back to when I bought my smartphone and credited me for those months, also. I'll keep my eye on my bill just to be sure. 

Interesting, will have to ping my sales rep later and get things straighten out,  my employees have been told they do not get fan on anything but the 5gb plan now and my contract specificly states all data plans. Thanks for the info

wingrider01, let me know what your rep tells you. I was under the impression that only our Talk Plan was discounted, of course, that was before I had ever gotten my smartphone. After what trido had said about his wifes 2GB$25/mo data plan, I decided to call about it. It never hurts to ask but I will be checking my bill from here on in.  

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 51 of 185 (20,062 Views)
Expert

jamileh wrote:

Please see my response re: FAN discounts here - http://forums.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Mobile-Share-Questions/m-p/3257527#M59032

Jam...your post is for the Shared Data Plan which hasn't become effective as of yet, correct?

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 52 of 185 (20,064 Views)
Explorer

With these new Mobile Share plans icoming, is the unlimited calling truly that or are there time restrictions?
Message 53 of 185 (20,040 Views)
Former Community Manager

@DCookie - yes, that is correct

@mjmbluford nailed it re: how FAN discounts are applied. AT&T has broad rules but each employer's discount plans can be different. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 54 of 185 (20,037 Views)
Expert

Dcookie wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

trido wrote:

Our fan gets us 24 percent off the data plan also.the data plan i think has to be the 20 dollars are more plan.I checked we get it on that but not on our two 15 dollar smaller data plan.But we do get atleast mine fan discount on data plans.

trido..thanks for the info. I contacted ATT CC today, spoke to Liz, and asked about the discount on my 2GB$25/mo data plan. She did say originally, that it is for the 5GB plan only but when she checked again she did say that I would get the 24% discount on my data plan that would save me $6/mo. She also made some adjustments back to when I bought my smartphone and credited me for those months, also. I'll keep my eye on my bill just to be sure. 

Interesting, will have to ping my sales rep later and get things straighten out,  my employees have been told they do not get fan on anything but the 5gb plan now and my contract specificly states all data plans. Thanks for the info

wingrider01, let me know what your rep tells you. I was under the impression that only our Talk Plan was discounted, of course, that was before I had ever gotten my smartphone. After what trido had said about his wifes 2GB$25/mo data plan, I decided to call about it. It never hurts to ask but I will be checking my bill from here on in.  

on the new plans - 5GB only
Message 55 of 185 (20,019 Views)
Expert

OK thanks, wingrider01. Good to know.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 56 of 185 (20,026 Views)
Tutor

Another question for the Mobile sharing plan.

Would tethering or mobile hotspot be part of the new Mobile sharing plan or do we have to pay extra for the two features?

Message 57 of 185 (20,008 Views)
Professor
Solution
Accepted by jamileh (Former Community Manager)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Tethering and Mobile Hotspot are included at all data levels with the Mobile Share plans.

Message 58 of 185 (20,001 Views)
Contributor

HI All,

I have 10 lines total

1 account has 5 lines

1 account has one line

1 account has 2 lines

and another account 2 lines

Family talk is limited to 5 lines per group.  This new plan shows it allows up to 10.  Am i able to move all these accounts into one and have 1 account , or can the mobile share be distributed to all the different accounts up to 10 devices

I only spread out the lines on different accounts for billing purposes

Thanks

Message 59 of 185 (19,903 Views)
Explorer

Now that the Mobile Hotspot feature will be included with Mobile Share, will my Galaxy Note be capable of being used as the Hotspot Device or will I have to purchase the "AT&T Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G" Device?

Message 60 of 185 (19,895 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.