Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 18, 2012
11:26:02 AM
View profile
Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 25, 2012 10:27:11 AM
(0)
Guru
all android phones have the hotspot feature built in, you do not need the elevate.
Accepted Solution

Mobile Share Questions

184 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(184)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2012 8:12:36 AM
(0)
Contributor

I found this on the ATT.com website. It's titled "6.14 AT&T Mobile Share Plans (with Unlimited Talk and Text)"

Discounts otherwise applicable to your Mobile Share rate plan do not apply to the additional monthly Device charge. Additional deposits and other restrictions may apply

These are the last two sentences of the first paragraph. I could be wrong but after reading this my understanding is that the discounts will only apply to the Unlimited Text and Talk portion. So if I have two phones and I want to do the 1GB (40+45+45) then I would only get a discount on the $40 :-(

I found this on the ATT.com website. It's titled "6.14 AT&T Mobile Share Plans (with Unlimited Talk and Text)"

Discounts otherwise applicable to your Mobile Share rate plan do not apply to the additional monthly Device charge. Additional deposits and other restrictions may apply

These are the last two sentences of the first paragraph. I could be wrong but after reading this my understanding is that the discounts will only apply to the Unlimited Text and Talk portion. So if I have two phones and I want to do the 1GB (40+45+45) then I would only get a discount on the $40 :-(

Re: Mobile Share Questions

31 of 185 (22,427 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2012 8:21:40 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have a few questions of my own.

1) I notice the terms state "3G, HSPA+, & LTE capable devices" I just want to make sure my 4G phone is included since technically it's capable of at least 3G

2) Are there activation or change-or-service fees if I change to the Mobile Share plan using my two existing wireless phones?

3) If I move to the Mobile Share plan will it extend my contract or will it be unaffected?

Final question, I'm sorry.

4) I was once told that reducing the bill makes me wait longer to upgrade my phone. If I were to move to the Mobile Share plan and it happened to reduce my bill by a few dollars, would I be forced to wait longer for my free upgrade on my wireless phone?

I have a few questions of my own.

1) I notice the terms state "3G, HSPA+, & LTE capable devices" I just want to make sure my 4G phone is included since technically it's capable of at least 3G

2) Are there activation or change-or-service fees if I change to the Mobile Share plan using my two existing wireless phones?

3) If I move to the Mobile Share plan will it extend my contract or will it be unaffected?

Final question, I'm sorry.

4) I was once told that reducing the bill makes me wait longer to upgrade my phone. If I were to move to the Mobile Share plan and it happened to reduce my bill by a few dollars, would I be forced to wait longer for my free upgrade on my wireless phone?

32 of 185 (22,421 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 20, 2012 8:40:57 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Edited by jamileh on Jul 20, 2012 at 9:32:07 AM

I just received verification that FAN discounts will be applied to shared data. 

Your discount will apply to the cost of actual data plan but not to the cost of adding devices to the plan. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

I just received verification that FAN discounts will be applied to shared data. 

Your discount will apply to the cost of actual data plan but not to the cost of adding devices to the plan. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
33 of 185 (22,414 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2012 9:12:48 AM
(0)
Tutor

The FAN discount is for just the mobile share data plan + the main number only or total amount of the whole plan.

Mobile Share Data plan - 6GB - $90

each smart phone - $35 x4 = $140

-----------------------------------------------

Where is the FAN discount will be.

A.  $90 + $35 "only one main #"

B.  The total amount for the whole plan

The FAN discount is for just the mobile share data plan + the main number only or total amount of the whole plan.

34 of 185 (22,400 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2012 9:35:02 AM
(0)
Explorer
Only the data plan? If one smartphone is required, I would think that one should be covered as well. It is kind of ironic to get a discount on wireless service and not have it apply to any phones. With the cell companies applying the negotiated discounts to less and less items, maybe the companies need to renegotiate for a bigger discount to make up the difference Smiley Wink
Only the data plan? If one smartphone is required, I would think that one should be covered as well. It is kind of ironic to get a discount on wireless service and not have it apply to any phones. With the cell companies applying the negotiated discounts to less and less items, maybe the companies need to renegotiate for a bigger discount to make up the difference Smiley Wink

35 of 185 (22,397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2012 10:12:31 AM
(0)
Teacher
Does anyone have an exact release date yet?
Does anyone have an exact release date yet?

36 of 185 (19,911 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2012 10:49:00 AM
(0)
Expert

trido wrote:

Our fan gets us 24 percent off the data plan also.the data plan i think has to be the 20 dollars are more plan.I checked we get it on that but not on our two 15 dollar smaller data plan.But we do get atleast mine fan discount on data plans.

trido..thanks for the info. I contacted ATT CC today, spoke to Liz, and asked about the discount on my 2GB$25/mo data plan. She did say originally, that it is for the 5GB plan only but when she checked again she did say that I would get the 24% discount on my data plan that would save me $6/mo. She also made some adjustments back to when I bought my smartphone and credited me for those months, also. I'll keep my eye on my bill just to be sure. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

trido wrote:

Our fan gets us 24 percent off the data plan also.the data plan i think has to be the 20 dollars are more plan.I checked we get it on that but not on our two 15 dollar smaller data plan.But we do get atleast mine fan discount on data plans.

trido..thanks for the info. I contacted ATT CC today, spoke to Liz, and asked about the discount on my 2GB$25/mo data plan. She did say originally, that it is for the 5GB plan only but when she checked again she did say that I would get the 24% discount on my data plan that would save me $6/mo. She also made some adjustments back to when I bought my smartphone and credited me for those months, also. I'll keep my eye on my bill just to be sure. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Re: New MobileShare Plans

37 of 185 (19,700 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2012 12:15:36 PM
(0)
Expert

Dcookie wrote:

trido wrote:

Interesting, will have to ping my sales rep later and get things straighten out,  my employees have been told they do not get fan on anything but the 5gb plan now and my contract specificly states all data plans. Thanks for the info

Dcookie wrote:

trido wrote:

Interesting, will have to ping my sales rep later and get things straighten out,  my employees have been told they do not get fan on anything but the 5gb plan now and my contract specificly states all data plans. Thanks for the info

38 of 185 (19,683 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2012 12:19:50 PM
(0)
Expert

bxnguyen wrote:

the way it is stated by Jamileh it is only the 90.00

bxnguyen wrote:

the way it is stated by Jamileh it is only the 90.00

39 of 185 (19,860 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2012 12:38:00 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Please see my response re: FAN discounts here - http://forums.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Mobile-Share-Questions/m-p/3257527#M59032

--------------

--------------

40 of 185 (19,681 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2012 1:00:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the response hopefully this is the case because with family plan with 4-5 phone, you almost have to jump to the 10GB mobile sharing plan.

10GB - 120 +150 (5 phones x 30) = 270

6GB - 90+ 175 (5phones x 35) = $265

Thanks for the response hopefully this is the case because with family plan with 4-5 phone, you almost have to jump to the 10GB mobile sharing plan.

10GB - 120 +150 (5 phones x 30) = 270

6GB - 90+ 175 (5phones x 35) = $265

41 of 185 (19,843 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2012 5:18:17 PM
(0)
Contributor
If the FAN discount is just on the mobile share then these plans would at least increase my bill by $25/mo. Boo. Probably just stick with the current family plan. Mark
If the FAN discount is just on the mobile share then these plans would at least increase my bill by $25/mo. Boo. Probably just stick with the current family plan. Mark

42 of 185 (19,800 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2012 6:14:23 PM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by RedTwister on Jul 20, 2012 at 6:14:58 PM

I calculate it about the same. In our case about $20 more.

I calculate it about the same. In our case about $20 more.

[ Edited ]
43 of 185 (19,789 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2012 9:08:43 AM
(0)
Explorer

I believe you are correct.  Even prior to this upcoming Mobile Share plans, the FAN discount has always applied to the Rate Plan ONLY.

I believe you are correct.  Even prior to this upcoming Mobile Share plans, the FAN discount has always applied to the Rate Plan ONLY.

Galaxy Note x 2

44 of 185 (19,689 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2012 10:43:10 AM
(0)
Expert

mjmbluford wrote:

depending on corporate contract the discount could also apply to teh 50.00 tethering plan

mjmbluford wrote:

depending on corporate contract the discount could also apply to teh 50.00 tethering plan

45 of 185 (19,681 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2012 10:58:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

My FAN discount applied to the entire bill that I had, to include unlimited data.

My FAN discount applied to the entire bill that I had, to include unlimited data.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

46 of 185 (19,688 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2012 11:01:51 AM
(0)
Explorer

Wish mine applied to more of the bill, but a discount is better than none.

Wish mine applied to more of the bill, but a discount is better than none.

Galaxy Note x 2

47 of 185 (19,685 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2012 11:28:03 AM
(0)
Teacher
I have a family plan and my FAN applies to the minutes charge but not the 9.99 charge for each line. It also applies to the data plan on each of the lines.
I have a family plan and my FAN applies to the minutes charge but not the 9.99 charge for each line. It also applies to the data plan on each of the lines.

48 of 185 (19,663 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2012 11:50:22 AM
(0)
Contributor

That is how my FAN discount worked as well. In my case, I am still grandfathered into the unlimited data plan. I had looked at the 12 month average on my bills and all three iphones on the account average under the 4MB plan. Pluses, is that I gain tethering/mobile hotspot. But not sure if I want to increase the bill by $25.

Mark

That is how my FAN discount worked as well. In my case, I am still grandfathered into the unlimited data plan. I had looked at the 12 month average on my bills and all three iphones on the account average under the 4MB plan. Pluses, is that I gain tethering/mobile hotspot. But not sure if I want to increase the bill by $25.

Mark

49 of 185 (19,653 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2012 12:00:02 PM
(0)
Explorer
Edited by mjmbluford on Jul 22, 2012 at 12:25:30 PM

I too, have a family plan, and was told by AT&T that FAN, in my case, only applied to my Rate Plan, for example, my 550 minutes. I'm beginning to believe with all the scenarios here, it's what the your employer and AT&T negotiated.

I jumped for joy when I found out my FAN discount was 18%, but upon further investigation, that 18% only applied to my Rate Plan as stated above.  That burst my bubble.

Update:  I just chatted with AT&T, and my suspicions was correct.  It all depends on the Employer/Association what is offered to the employee.

I too, have a family plan, and was told by AT&T that FAN, in my case, only applied to my Rate Plan, for example, my 550 minutes. I'm beginning to believe with all the scenarios here, it's what the your employer and AT&T negotiated.

I jumped for joy when I found out my FAN discount was 18%, but upon further investigation, that 18% only applied to my Rate Plan as stated above.  That burst my bubble.

Update:  I just chatted with AT&T, and my suspicions was correct.  It all depends on the Employer/Association what is offered to the employee.

Galaxy Note x 2

[ Edited ]
50 of 185 (19,648 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2012 5:46:33 PM
(0)
Expert

wingrider01 wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

trido wrote:

wingrider01, let me know what your rep tells you. I was under the impression that only our Talk Plan was discounted, of course, that was before I had ever gotten my smartphone. After what trido had said about his wifes 2GB$25/mo data plan, I decided to call about it. It never hurts to ask but I will be checking my bill from here on in.  

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

wingrider01 wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

trido wrote:

wingrider01, let me know what your rep tells you. I was under the impression that only our Talk Plan was discounted, of course, that was before I had ever gotten my smartphone. After what trido had said about his wifes 2GB$25/mo data plan, I decided to call about it. It never hurts to ask but I will be checking my bill from here on in.  

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

51 of 185 (19,626 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2012 5:48:26 PM
(0)
Expert

jamileh wrote:

Please see my response re: FAN discounts here - http://forums.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Mobile-Share-Questions/m-p/3257527#M59032

Jam...your post is for the Shared Data Plan which hasn't become effective as of yet, correct?

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

jamileh wrote:

Jam...your post is for the Shared Data Plan which hasn't become effective as of yet, correct?

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

52 of 185 (19,628 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2012 7:59:55 PM
(0)
Explorer
With these new Mobile Share plans icoming, is the unlimited calling truly that or are there time restrictions?
With these new Mobile Share plans icoming, is the unlimited calling truly that or are there time restrictions?
Galaxy Note x 2

53 of 185 (19,604 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2012 6:34:51 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

@DCookie - yes, that is correct

@mjmbluford nailed it re: how FAN discounts are applied. AT&T has broad rules but each employer's discount plans can be different. 

--------------

@DCookie - yes, that is correct

@mjmbluford nailed it re: how FAN discounts are applied. AT&T has broad rules but each employer's discount plans can be different. 

--------------

54 of 185 (19,601 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2012 9:11:43 AM
(0)
Expert

Dcookie wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

trido wrote:

on the new plans - 5GB only

Dcookie wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

trido wrote:

on the new plans - 5GB only

55 of 185 (19,583 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2012 9:13:54 AM
(0)
Expert
OK thanks, wingrider01. Good to know.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

OK thanks, wingrider01. Good to know.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

56 of 185 (19,590 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2012 10:56:17 AM
(0)
Tutor

Another question for the Mobile sharing plan.

Would tethering or mobile hotspot be part of the new Mobile sharing plan or do we have to pay extra for the two features?

Another question for the Mobile sharing plan.

Would tethering or mobile hotspot be part of the new Mobile sharing plan or do we have to pay extra for the two features?

57 of 185 (19,572 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 23, 2012 11:09:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Tethering and Mobile Hotspot are included at all data levels with the Mobile Share plans.

Tethering and Mobile Hotspot are included at all data levels with the Mobile Share plans.

58 of 185 (19,565 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2012 9:49:14 AM
(0)
Contributor

HI All,

I have 10 lines total

1 account has 5 lines

1 account has one line

1 account has 2 lines

and another account 2 lines

Family talk is limited to 5 lines per group.  This new plan shows it allows up to 10.  Am i able to move all these accounts into one and have 1 account , or can the mobile share be distributed to all the different accounts up to 10 devices

I only spread out the lines on different accounts for billing purposes

Thanks

HI All,

I have 10 lines total

1 account has 5 lines

1 account has one line

1 account has 2 lines

and another account 2 lines

Family talk is limited to 5 lines per group.  This new plan shows it allows up to 10.  Am i able to move all these accounts into one and have 1 account , or can the mobile share be distributed to all the different accounts up to 10 devices

I only spread out the lines on different accounts for billing purposes

Thanks

59 of 185 (19,467 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2012 10:23:23 AM
(0)
Explorer

Now that the Mobile Hotspot feature will be included with Mobile Share, will my Galaxy Note be capable of being used as the Hotspot Device or will I have to purchase the "AT&T Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G" Device?

Now that the Mobile Hotspot feature will be included with Mobile Share, will my Galaxy Note be capable of being used as the Hotspot Device or will I have to purchase the "AT&T Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4G" Device?

Galaxy Note x 2

60 of 185 (19,459 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments