Need your talk or text logs?
21stNow's profile

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 6:26 PM

Mobile Share Questions

Here's my list of "inFAQs"!

1.  I understand that you can have groups on one account under the Mobile Share plan.  Does this mean that I can have five lines on one account in the following scenario?

A. Line 1-Smartphone, individual Nation450 plan, no text messaging, grandfathered unlimited data

B. Lines 2-5 - 2 Smartphones and 2 Basic phones, Mobile Share with 4GB data

2.  Will each line on a Mobile Share plan still have it's own contract end and upgrade dates?

3.  How will FAN discounts be applied to the Mobile Share plan?

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

12 years ago

@jacksonkanon wrote:

On our family plan, each member could call *3282# and get an update on the amount of minutes / data that was used...

Is this possible under the shared plan? ( so far it sends the group totals back ..ie. we have used 1mb out of 6000mb )

Is there a away that each member can monitor their usage w/out going to a desktop and logging into att.com?

with 2 teenagers I need to make sure that one does not overuse their allocation of bytes

Maybe it's just so new that it hasn't updated yet? I know the text messaging recently switched to a family reporting method. Just now when I dialed *3282# from my cell phone it showed me this:

Messaging: 36

Group Messaging: 656 of Unlimited

When I sign in to my AT&T account online it shows that I have personally used 36 text messages on my phone line so far during my bill cycle and the entire family plan has used 656 text messages. This information is pretty much useless since text messaging is unlimited, but I assume that the new shared data plans will soon offer a similar way of keeping track of your individual data usage as well as the entire family data plans usage.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

according to another post there is suppose to be a way to control the data usage per device on the OLAM site.

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Wireless-Online-Account-Access/Mobile-Share-plan-Data-Usage-controls/m-p/3280079#U3280079

Scholar

• 

112 Messages

12 years ago

Um...isn't Mobile Share supposed to enable tethering on all phones?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

how are the taxes applied?   Meaning, is the USF tax applied on just the data plan, or does each additional device get the tax as well?   I'd expect the sales tax to apply, but the USF is against the service.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@Linkgx1 wrote:

Um...isn't Mobile Share supposed to enable tethering on all phones?

that is correct, tehtering and hotspot is enabled on all sahred plans starting at the 1GB level

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

12 years ago

Okay changed to the new mobile share chose the 20 gig plan.. but a few issues:

1 cant add more lines online keeps telling me to call or go to a store (only have 5 lines)

2. they put my family plan on 2 gorup shares??! one gorup has 2 lines one group has 3 lines both have 20 gig to share with huh?!?!?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

I posted this in another thread, but I wanted to make sure the people posting in this one see this.  After reading what jamileh said about how FAN discounts will apply to the base data price of the Mobile Share plan, it made the most economical sense for me to switch to mobile share.  In doing so I forfeited my unlimited data plans, but I was OK with this since I was getting a cheaper monthly bill and gaining tethering and unlimited talk.  After switching to Mobile Share, it now says:  "Did you know that by switching to another rate plan you could qualify for a discount?" where it used to say that I had a 15% discount.  I'm praying that this will take effect after the first billing cycle, but I'm skeptical.  If not, I lost my unlimited plan and have a HIGHER monthly bill.

If you have a FAN discount, it may not be a good idea to risk switching at this point. 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@Psypher wrote:

I posted this in another thread, but I wanted to make sure the people posting in this one see this.  After reading what @jamileh said about how FAN discounts will apply to the base data price of the Mobile Share plan, it made the most economical sense for me to switch to mobile share.  In doing so I forfeited my unlimited data plans, but I was OK with this since I was getting a cheaper monthly bill and gaining tethering and unlimited talk.  After switching to Mobile Share, it now says:  "Did you know that by switching to another rate plan you could qualify for a discount?" where it used to say that I had a 15% discount.  I'm praying that this will take effect after the first billing cycle, but I'm skeptical.  If not, I lost my unlimited plan and have a HIGHER monthly bill.

If you have a FAN discount, it may not be a good idea to risk switching at this point. 

she is on vacation right now until the 3rd, if after the first / second billing cycle the discount does not take affect I would suggest you PM her about it

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

12 years ago

This is one of my serious concerns more than any other as I have a 18% FAN discount. After all I have been told, even at the Retail Store, I don't know what to trust.

And yes, it may reflect after the first billing cycle.

Expert

• 

13K Messages

12 years ago

The best thing to do is go to the representative for your company that handles the cellular contract with AT&T and he/she can confirm before changes are made if you will get your FAN discount or not with the change.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.